• ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Some interesting ideas...but none of them had any kind of fire/tornado damage protection. And I know if I used any/many of them, I'd never remember where I hid things from myself...and I tend to lose lists too.

But, while on the site I clicked on this one, and saw some really nice ideas:

Home Security Tips | The Family Handyman

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I did the air return thing when I was a kid, still living in my parents' house. Each room had a return in it, and the one to my room was at floor level, so I couldn't knock out the bottom. I knocked out the top of it instead. I wish I'd known about the "cut off the screws and install rare-earth magnets inside" part. If only I'd had more money to hide, that might have been a good plan. We also had cabinets in the kitchen that met at a "blind corner" (a spot where two cabinets came together in an "L" shape, leaving a squared-off space with no access to it.) It is amazing the places that a hamster can get to and hide when it gets out of the cage when you're not looking- my dad had to cut a hole in the side of one cabinet and reach in with a heavy glove on to get the little ba****d out of there. However, thinking about that, if anyone has a cabinet setup similar to that, fastening one panel in with magnets might be a thought, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Where i bought my first house. There was an very old lady living alone.
    no one ever seen a light on in any window.
    a lady's group use to take her out shopping and personal care.
    one day her brother had her committed. I will not go into that.
    he started to clean out her home. A large building, main floor, full size basement and attic.
    short story. there was only a path from the back door to the stove and bathroom (connecting).
    there was also a path from the basement door (directly below the back door).
    to her place she slept. and the stairway up to the main floor (close Proximity).
    the rest of the main floor was 100% news paper (floor to 10ft ceiling).
    the rest of the house was just as packed.
    She sleep on a pile of paper in the basement by the wash basin.
    The brother was throwing out paper shopping bags.
    the neighbor got curious and looked into the bags.
    All were stuffed with cash.

Top Bottom