• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    im tired im goin to have unprotected sex with my g/f and make tons of babies and live on government help forever......anyone wanna join me in helping the cause......?lol

Ok are you asking us to have unprotected sex with your girl friend :rockwoot:
    Or are you just saying do the same thing that you are going to do. :patriot:

Ok just kidding, but couldnt pass it up. LOL

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    My favorite part was where the kid couldn't go out at night because that's when the gun shots happen. Guns are to blame here of course!

Not the punk ass gang bangers.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    Of course, they don't provide a control scenario where EVERYONE DIES. And all of the "armed citizens" were conveniently in the middle of the first row, easy targets. And then, I mean, all of the mass shooting assailants were trained police marksmen and trainers right?

It is natural of course to have the best shooters up against some people who have never shot a gun, and then claim that it's a failure on the novice's part when, in fact, they actually distract the shooter from killing other people, even if they are unsuccessful at killing the shooting.

Jeez.

Did anyone else notice that the police said that if you shoot someone accidentally you are liable for it, even if it is while defending yourself? Wrong, in most states anyway.

I could just keeping going on...:ar15:

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    ABC did an excellent job.

They displayed, in a very effective way, how the immature, uneducated, and untrained can be misguided and damaged by the scheming and malevolent.

They also proved their credibilty by seeking answers to the hard questions from children.

Now I remember why I stopped opening my mind to the programming machine.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    My question for you all, Could you buy that many and type of Functioning weapons at a gun show with only $5,000 they claimed to have spent?

Yes I think I could buy those and I would hope alot more with $5,000 as I didnt see anything special in what he bought.I do think it would have taken me longer than 1 hour to find what I wanted but if you want to give me 5 grand to try I will do it and I think come away with a much better weapon system and I will have ammo with it

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Yes I think I could buy those and I would hope alot more with $5,000 as I didnt see anything special in what he bought.I do think it would have taken me longer than 1 hour to find what I wanted but if you want to give me 5 grand to try I will do it and I think come away with a much better weapon system and I will have ammo with it

Five grand? Big deal. I can spend my money how I want. When is the expose coming on swimming pools that cost a heckuva lot more than five grand and kids keep drowning even with lifeguards on duty? Common sense has left the building.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    What did you expect?

Were any of you really expecting to hear one pro-gun statement or NRA ads? If you thought for one second it would be anything but one sided against firearm ownership you must be living under a really big rock. I will admit I did not watch any of the show, I didn't have to watch them spew more liberal BS, nor do I believe they really reached out and changed anyones mind about this topic. If you normally watch 20/20 you probably lean so far left you walk in circles anyway. The 20/20 group produces this type of programming all the time. Think back to who starred on this network, Barby Wa Wa did this show before joining "The View" and Rosie O'doughnut (not exactly a GOP supporter). There are no networks willing to stand up and protect our rights, not even FNC will push right to carry laws to the extent they need to be aired. After 11/04/08 (and even way before that) the media had made clear their bias, they don't even try to hide it anymore. I stopped watching their trash talk long ago. Why make myself angry over something I cannot change? I am not burying my head in the sand, I let my reps know my feelings, support the NRA and pro-gun, pro-constitution groups as much as possible. There are a lot more people that support gun rights than we realize. We are still the silent majority in the USA, we just need to find a way to make ourselves known and heard in a positive light.

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I watched the fair and balanced discussion with great interest and decided I need turn my guns into the police.......RIGHT!
    This politically motivated hatchet job will not change anyone's opinion, it will reinforce each person's decision - on both sides of the issue. Did anyone else notice how Diane Sawyer was almost in tears when she announced there were now 9 million new gun owners? Thanks for the encouraging news Diane! I think she needs to have some more meetings with her new 8 year old consultant in Florida. The media's opinion is the only one the masses see. Even with that, I think many thinking humans in the country can see beyond the BS (ok maybe not many, but at least 9 million!)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I wonder if they kid asked any of the tables with FFLs to buy a weapon or if he just went straight for the pivate sells or even if he knows the difference but just did not say anything either on film or it was cut off.

From the looksf it he did not buy an .22 rifles since the guy that try to buy one from him asked if he had any .22 and he said no. Then again he may not have know if he did buy any 22s.

DId you hear what happened to all those firearms that he bought? ABC and him took them to the local PD to turn in.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I will admit I did not watch any of the show, I didn't have to watch them spew more liberal BS, nor do I believe they really reached out and changed anyones mind about this topic.

Hum... but then how will you know what the other side is doing and saying? Yes I think we all knew it was going to be ANTI-GUN but it still is in our interest to watch it and expose it for the fraud that it is to all those that are on the fence and/or did not watch it.

Case in point my grandma called me earlier today about the show! Now my grandma never listens to the english stations (since pretends she does not understand english and only speaks spanish but she knows it well enough to know what they are saying and speak it if she needs to but in the 33 years that I have know her I have only heard her speak once in english and that was when my grandpa needed medical treatment and the paramedics were there!) In any case she caught a bit of the show last night she saw the segment about the gun show loop hole and she wanted to know if that indeed was true. She was under the assumption that you had to get fingerprinted to buy a gun after the Kennedy assasination.

Mind you my grandma has never talked about guns to anyone in the family! So I was a bit taken aback that she had some interest in this topic.

I went on to explain the process of buying a gun both from the store via an FFL and via private sells and what the show did not show you. She told me that is why she does not watch the "english news" but thanked me because she now had the info she needed to argue with some of her friends about how they are wrong in the recent gun debate they were having.

So what is the point to this? If we don't keep abreast to what the ENEMY is doing we wont know how to properly fight it. If I had not watched the show last night this monring I would not have know how to counter argue those specific points in the show and instead who have gave my grandma just basic info on the laws.

What I would really like to see if a YouTube video doing a segment by segment analysis on the report and exposing all the flaws of the show.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    im tired im goin to have unprotected sex with my g/f and make tons of babies and live on government help forever......anyone wanna join me in helping the cause......?lol

Join you in having sex with your g/f? Got pics? :rockwoot:

Edit I knew I should of read the rest of the thread before I posted, there was no way I could of been the only one to take a easy shot.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My XD 45 has two, one on the back of the frame, and one on the trigger.

My own :hijack: :laugh:

The one on the back is similar to what the 1911's have right? A small "flap" that when you grip the gun automatically gets pushed in thus allowing it to fire when you pull the trigger.

What I meant by the comment above was does the XD have a safety switch like the 1911's due that also must be "deactivated" before you an fire? Or it is more like the dark side GLOCKs where you just pull the trigger end of story?

The issue of the switch safety on the 1911 has bothered me for a while now on my carry gun. The show only made me worry more but still not to the point where I would carry a GLOCK and be like this.
    YouTube - Police shoots himself

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Here's what I posted on the ABC site Guns in America: More Information, Resources, How to Help - ABC News :
    ABC lived up to my horribly low expectations on this story. You trained 6 individuals to FAIL at your scenario, and, big surprise, they failed. You showed a couple examples of people who endangered others or themselves while defending themselves with firearms, but forgot to mention the thousands (tens of thousands??) who have succeeded in protecting their lives with firearms. I won't be watching "ABC propaganada network" anymore.

I also posted this, but I wasn't sure whether it had posted or not, so I posted the above comment separately.
    You certainly lived up to my horribly low expectations. You showed a one sided story of a few people who you trained to fail, and surprise! they failed. You showed examples of a couple of people who failed to defend themselves against attack, or endangered others, but didn't mention the thousands (tens of thousands??) of people who have successfully used a firearm to protect themselves. Way to go.

Top Bottom