• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Bruce Willis makes dual 1911's look pretty good in Last Man Standing. I think the only guns that can be properly dual wielded are single stacks. They are the only ones that can be reliably reloaded at the same time with two mags in one hand (like Bruce in the movie).

i beg to differ

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bruce Willis makes dual 1911's look pretty good in Last Man Standing. I think the only guns that can be properly dual wielded are single stacks. They are the only ones that can be reliably reloaded at the same time with two mags in one hand (like Bruce in the movie).

Ummm.....yeeaaahhhh........Check out the hat! Like I said dual wielding is only cool if your name is Arnold, you are an Avenger or a badass with a fedora.

066-bruce-willis-theredlist.jpg

I remember some movie based off a comic book where the guy wore a purple suit and dual wielded. Billy Zane may have been the actor. He was not cool!

edit: found it. The Phantom. Not Cool. See the difference?

superzeroes-phantom-590x350.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, Scarlett Johansson... She's looking pretty good!

As long as we're playing in fantasy land, I'll play with Scarlett:

article-0-1F97C6BE00000578-156_634x447.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yeah, Scarlett Johansson... She's looking pretty good!

Yeah Scarlett is hot. But I have always had a thing for Kate. Underworld is one of the few non-sucky vampire movies. Not at all like that silly Twighlight stuff my wife watches. Dual Walther P99s rock!!

4344380-1775158458-12539.jpg

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have a glock 43 that I am seriously thinking about trying to trade towards a gen 4 glock19. I already carry a gen4 19, and I figure I would rather either carry another one of them as a bug or keep it in the lock box in the vehicle.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My opinion is: Have two guns, shoot them both. If you shoot only your range toy/training model, who's to say your primary won't have hiccups that your training one doesn't? Who's to say the sights won't be as accurate? Who's to say the trigger won't be as smooth and you jerk the trigger? Too many variables for me to carry what I don't shoot.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My opinion is: Have two guns, shoot them both. If you shoot only your range toy/training model, who's to say your primary won't have hiccups that your training one doesn't? Who's to say the sights won't be as accurate? Who's to say the trigger won't be as smooth and you jerk the trigger? Too many variables for me to carry what I don't shoot.

I don't think the idea was not to shoot your carry gun as much as not beating your carry gun up in high round count classes or sporting events.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think having 2 of your same carry guns is a good idea, but, I went a different route.

My main carry gun is a Glock 19. My summer gun is a Glock 26. My house gun is a Glock 17. And my BUG is a Glock 43.

All my guns are pretty much the same. And minus the G43, they all share the same holster and magazines. And are all setup the same way, with the same sights.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I think having 2 of your same carry guns is a good idea, but, I went a different route.

My main carry gun is a Glock 19. My summer gun is a Glock 26. My house gun is a Glock 17. And my BUG is a Glock 43.

All my guns are pretty much the same. And minus the G43, they all share the same holster and magazines. And are all setup the same way, with the same sights.

What makes a G26 any more summery than a G19? Does the extra .5 Inches of grip make that much difference to you?ch

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

And for a while in that movie he was wearing a fedora, I believe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Clint Eastwood did a decent job with Walkers, not the easiest guns to do the "Highwayman's spin" with.

Top Bottom