• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not sure about the legality of that arrest, though I'm not the confrontational type. I don't think you HAVE to carry your permit, but I always do and I automatically give it to the officer along with my DL if asked.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    public property at a busy intersection. probably had good intentions, oc cleaning up garbage, just mis-informed perhaps about indiana state law (pretty stupid if you're gonna oc)

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Not sure about the legality of that arrest, though I'm not the confrontational type. I don't think you HAVE to carry your permit, but I always do and I automatically give it to the officer along with my DL if asked.

Yes you do. Carrying a firearm while not also carrying your LTCH can result in a misdemeanor or felony charge. Always have it with you....always. You also are required by law to produce it when asked by a LEO. That is all you have to produce unless you are also driving a vehicle at the time.

Also you don't have a permit, you have a license to carry a hand gun :)

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    They were not charged for not showing their LTCH, they were charged for failing to aid an officer.
    The IC, as changed, does not say anything about carrying the license with you; it says that you must be licensed. BIG difference.
    And yes, they should have identified themselves, but they were not required to show ID unless suspected of an infraction or violation. Possession of a handgun, without a license is a criminal offense.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Yes you do. Carrying a firearm while not also carrying your LTCH can result in a misdemeanor or felony charge. Always have it with you....always. You also are required by law to produce it when asked by a LEO. That is all you have to produce unless you are also driving a vehicle at the time.

Also you don't have a permit, you have a license to carry a hand gun :)
    Got a cite for that?

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    No I just thought the law was if a LEO asked for you LTCH you were required to produce it. Drivers license was only required if driving a vehicle at the time. Are you not required to produce your LTCH?

Top Bottom