• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Their season should be over. I know my son wouldn't play again. Lol, I remember one time when I decided to get mouthy with the referee during an indoor soccer game. Next thing I know, my dad is calmly walking on the field and telling me I'm done for the day, just as soon as I apologized. Major embarrassment, but I never made that mistake again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Their season should be over. I know my son wouldn't play again. Lol, I remember one time when I decided to get mouthy with the referee during an indoor soccer game. Next thing I know, my dad is calmly walking on the field and telling me I'm done for the day, just as soon as I apologized. Major embarrassment, but I never made that mistake again.

Season? They should be expelled. A ref at a school event should be given the same protections as an educator or other school staff.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Like too many in HS or college, they are probably more athlete than student.
    Kick them out.
    Hell, they're ready for the NFL............and rape and murder and................

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    That first hit could have been truly tragic. I wonder how cool the players would have thought that stunt was if the hit would have snapped the refs neck and left him/her (could have swore I saw a lengthy ponytail? ) paralyzed?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Criminal assault charges are warranted IMO. Both of them should be expelled from school. The entire team should be done for the season. There were two teammates that targeted this official together, and I'd bet there were others that were aware of it but did nothing to stop it.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Given that this was revenge for two other players being previously ejected I think someone needs to be taking a very hard look at this schools entire football program. These two very definitely should be done with football forever.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Criminal assault charges are warranted IMO. Both of them should be expelled from school. The entire team should be done for the season. There were two teammates that targeted this official together, and I'd bet there were others that were aware of it but did nothing to stop it.

I couldn't agree more with the exception that the two students should be banned from team sports after the expulsion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know about the entire team. That seems a bit much. Punish those that committed the act, investigating. If other players knew (and took them seriously) then ban them too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In Texas there's a law against assaulting a referee of a sporting event. Maybe it's such a "thing" down there that they needed the law.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    In Texas there's a law against assaulting a referee of a sporting event. Maybe it's such a "thing" down there that they needed the law.
    My brother used to live in Texas and told me a bunch of stories illustrating just how seriously they take high school football. It is actually a class during the school day. They made it a class so that it would have a defined time period in order to try to cut down the amount of time spent on it during the school day!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My brother used to live in Texas and told me a bunch of stories illustrating just how seriously they take high school football. It is actually a class during the school day. They made it a class so that it would have a defined time period in order to try to cut down the amount of time spent on it during the school day!

That's odd? Is that not how it is in Indiana? Football is a class, during the school day, in Alabama too.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    That's odd? Is that not how it is in Indiana? Football is a class, during the school day, in Alabama too.

Not unless it has changed recently. Of course, I could fill a pretty thick book with the things that have changed recently, that could be one of them!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Two players ejected earlier, then these two do this? That football program needs an overhaul from the top on down.

MaxPreps lists 42 kids on their roster. So nearly 10% of your team was ejected in a game. That's indicative of the culture the program creates.

And #81, the player who delivers the second blow, was not ejected. They mistakenly ejected #7 for his actions. #81 went on to be penalized for a late hit as the opposing QB was taking a knee to run out the clock.

Player who hit ref stayed in the game

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My $0.02

Ban the two "kids" from high school and club sports until graduation. Investigate the team and coaching staff. If anyone knew about them planning this, toss them as well. If there is a culture of unsportsmanlike conduct (as the other penalties in this game suggest), then I wouldn't hesitate to drop the hammer on more players and coaches.

If this had happened while *I* was ref-ing or coaching (soccer), I would have stopped the game right then and there. Either forfeit (if coaching) or toss the whole team (if referee). Zero tolerance for this type of behavior. Heck, I red-carded and tossed a kid once, and his father, and his coach. Bad behavior should be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sports build character!

Often it's not a very good one.

Esp when you take an outside of school/sports entitlement mindset and pile on the athlete entitlement crap.

Real simple.............demand that it be STUDENT athletes and not the other way around.

But then you might not win state, or a national title. And alumni won't give millions..............to the freakin' school.

School.

School.

Really, if the idea isn't pure enough, let the schools buy professional teams and have unions.

Top Bottom