• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yesterday was the 1st chance I had to get out to the range and the perfect end to a stressful week or so I thought it would be......... I took my friend timmy who has a 3rd gen G23 so I could compare it to my 2nd gen 23. The first mag down range was the hydra-shoks that were loaded in my gun when we got there ran flawlessly :yesway: the next mag was WWB I sent a couple down range and had a FTE :noway: cleared and fired a couple more and another FTE :xmad: Long story short I had alot of WWB and a couple boxes of Blazer Brass I had trouble with ALL the WWB all were FTE and no problem with the BB:dunno: Timmy had NO trouble with ANY ammo the whole time so what gives also we switched off on weapons and I had no trouble with his glock he had no trouble with mine there was no limpwristing also there was less percieved recoil with his and we both thought mine pulled left? Thanks in advance for any help you can give:popcorn:

Last edited:

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I've never had any FTE but I've had a couple of FTF with WWB in my 3rd Gen Glock 23, the front of the round catches on the top of the barrel going in. I think it's because of the flat front of the point. It happens about once every 100 rounds or so. I'm thinking of switching to Blazer Brass anyway.

That's odd...:dunno:...maybe you need a new recoil spring or something. That's the extent of my knowledge, you'll get better info. from someone else.

:popcorn:

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    nuff said. Nick put on my meprolights and does awesome work!

I've heard about the feed ramp polishing before. May be worth looking at.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Wait a sec - you put in aftermarket parts and had problems?? Did you try switching back to the original stuff??

I dunno, I've put many, many rounds downrange with my Glocks, and the only time I ever had a problem was when I didn't have the magazine all the way in.. and it still loaded and shot, it just didn't feel right..

Something tells me that your "Upgrades" may have made your firearm a little more picky..

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Yet Another 40 cal Glock problem. We had old G22 and G23's in the rental case at the shop/range I worked at( 2003) that had thousands and thousands of rounds through them, were hardly ever cleaned and ran fine. These problem new Gen 40's are the topics of threads on ARFCOM and 10-8 right now.

Glock23od

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Indianapolis
    if you still have the old factory rod id put it back in if Glock wanted stainless rods they would have put them in it if it ant broke like most XD's don't fix it lol

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    The captured spring and guide rod are from the glock doc I just got them at the 1500

You may have found the problem. There's a lot of unnecessary aftermarket BS out there. Most of it is exceedingly good at one thing.....emptying your wallet. And that's about it.

Put the stock guide rod back in. Glocks (and most other pistols) are fine straight from the factory. The only mods I like on mine are a factory extended slide stop lever, a smooth face trigger (also Glock original equipment) and night sights.

If God wanted your Glock to have a steel guide rod, he would have miracled one in there. :D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Yet Another 40 cal Glock problem. We had old G22 and G23's in the rental case at the shop/range I worked at( 2003) that had thousands and thousands of rounds through them, were hardly ever cleaned and ran fine. These problem new Gen 40's are the topics of threads on ARFCOM and 10-8 right now.

Wasn't there a thread on here about the 23s giving a police department problems big enough that they dumped them?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I think the problem with aftermarket parts in Glocks is that they're not universally helpful. It'd kinda be like putting a super-duper air intake in your car - it may help you go faster and get better mileage, or your car may run like crap..

I'm on my third Glock at this point - I've had a full-size, compact and sub-compact in varied calibers and conditions. The only modification (other than night sights) that I've performed was to put on an extended slide stop lever doohicker, and that was more of a competition modification than anything else. Mine all run great - what's to improve??

Top Bottom