• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Could have been worse. If I remember correctly, the chief (or commissioner) said that the police would shoot those that carried guns.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Would like the whole story (which we are unlikely to get). Did the tenant threaten him?

Given that (according to the story) he didn't claim that he was threatened, right now my money is on "landlord is a dumbass", but it's too early to make a final call.

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I will wait for more info but figure it will just prove him to be an idiot or a pi$$ poor instructor when he took the CCW class or both. I teach that anytime you show your handgun you should call 911 and report a defensive gun use and a good instructor would have thouroughly covered this. Then to hide the gun is realy stupid, this gives the impression the person knows he did wrong. The good thing so far is no one was injured and maybe there was a precieved threat that was legitimate but hiding the gun wiped that perception away. Jim.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Being that it is where it is, I would assume that if this is found to be a case of someone false reporting this to get a landlord off their back, the person who lost his permit will have a long, possibly impossible battle to ever regain the right to own a gun in that state. Even with a CC permit system in place, and the state actually issuing the general public these permits after jumping through a series of hoops, how does the rest of their laws fair for someone who actually uses their right to carry to defend themselves?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Months and months and this is the first case? Kinda dispels the myth they told us. He had a permit, acted incorrectly, now no permit. The system works.

non-ccw holders pull guns all the time and actually shoot people. I don't judge non-ccw holders poorly because of the actions of their colleagues.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    04FX nailed it. If the guy had justifiable reasons to pull his weapon then he should have made the call to report it. Then the guy hides the gun. That has fail of the greatest form of fail.

It sounds like the dude was just being a bully with a gun.

My Son in law worked at Verizon Wireles. A customer came in with a broken screen on his phone. He wanted a new phone and was told that he had over a year left on his contract and that he hadn't purchased insurance for the phone so it would cost around $500 for a replacement (over priced and a ridiculous program, but it is what it is). The guy puts a loaded magazine on the counter and says these don't have anybody's name on them but the one in the pipe has your name on it. The Verizon Rep he was taking to was a manager and told him to get out of the store. The manager called corporate and they cancelled his service and banned him for life from ever becoming a Verizon customer.

I think that they should have called LEO. We don't need idiots like this representing us.

I'm sure the guy went to T-Mobile, AT&T or somewhere else and got another phone, but that's ok with Verizon.

The verizon store now has a full-time security guard. The security guy makes Paul Blart (The Mall Cop) look James Yeager.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think that they should have called LEO. We don't need idiots like this representing us.

I would argue that person does NOT represent us. Just because he has a gun (or at least a mag) doesn't make him representative of gun owners, just like a felon shooting some grandmother doesn't represent gun owners.

Let's not allow the left to define us. Reject the premise and point out their fallacy.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I would argue that person does NOT represent us. Just because he has a gun (or at least a mag) doesn't make him representative of gun owners, just like a felon shooting some grandmother doesn't represent gun owners.

Let's not allow the left to define us. Reject the premise and point out their fallacy.

QFT- We need to create our own narrative

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Argue all you want but you are wasting your time here because the other employees in the store started bashing gun rights after the incident. My Son in law set them straight that this guy was an idiot and should have his LTCH revoked.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Argue all you want but you are wasting your time here because the other employees in the store started bashing gun rights after the incident. My Son in law set them straight that this guy was an idiot and should have his LTCH revoked.

But don't just leave it about gun rights. When someone uses freedom of speech to threaten someone, do we talk about limited the first ammendment, or do we deal with the idiot acting in a threatening manner? Make them defend why the population should lose a right because an individual acted inappropriately.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    But don't just leave it about gun rights. When someone uses freedom of speech to threaten someone, do we talk about limited the first ammendment, or do we deal with the idiot acting in a threatening manner? Make them defend why the population should lose a right because an individual acted inappropriately.

Not sure what that has to do with the incident at Verizon Wireless because nobody said anything about Freedom of Speech. I said that there was an idiot with a gun trying to bully people. The idiot was setting a bad example for respectable gun owners and should lose his LTCH. Luckily I have taught my Son in law about guns and gun rights, so he was able to defend respectable gun owners. What would have happened if nobody was there to defend the 2nd Admendment?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    other employees in the store started bashing gun rights after the incident

Not sure what that has to do with the incident at Verizon Wireless because nobody said anything about Freedom of Speech.

that's my point, your SIL should have expanded the argument to address their sentiment that if one person abuses a constitutional right then it should be limited to all. You then ask them if free speech should be limited because someone yelled fire in a crowded theater. Clearly they'd say no but the person should get in trouble. Then ask them why this is different. This has nothign to do with "gun rights", it has to do with that idiot having one. The same thing is here, just a different protected right. Don't allow the premise to stand that someone inappropriately using firearms/paraphenelia should lead to the global restriction of rights.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    First of all, we have no idea what really happened. Was this guy threatened? To comment on a story that really wasn't a story at all, because we don't even know the facts is rediculous.
    The other thing is, what the hell is this? permit holders higher standard, what is this two class citizen stuff? What is this paying for a right, that we already have? What is this, I am now allowed to have a right that I already have. I get to pay the government to have a right? What is this weird stuff of oh, hey this is permit holder. People think that its a good thing we have some rights getting a permit to carry. Do you have any idea how rediculous the whole thing is? The "gun free zone" stuff , who ever came up with that idea should be shot. When you read what our founding fathers said about firearms, it is very clear clear what keep and bear meant. It certainly didn't mean to have a single shot shot gun in your closet. Is it going to be 100 yrs from now, it will be like the same thing like in england? It is a wonder we are here today speaking english to be honest.
    As I get older, I am a true libertarian, constitution and all, but like my dad, who is republican, he looks like a liberal compared to me. We have to go to court to get a freedom or pass a law to keep a freedom that we already have. It is pretty messed up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Would it be too "tinfoilhatish" to question whether gun wielder could be a good "chicago machine" lackey doing the bidding of his anti-gun keepers in bringing negative publicity to the issue? "Just do it Bill, don't worry about the charges", "In a press release today the CPD chief said that his hands were tied since the complainant dissappeared"!

Top Bottom