• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A man points a gun at you...holstered or not. What do you do? Come on...come on...quick!!! What do you do?????

MAKE A DECISION!!!!!

You hesitated. You're dead. Game over.

If it is holstered and the holster is still on the belt, pointing it would be quite a trick. If you tell me to drop my pistol to the ground and then shoot me when I pull it, something is wrong. I read through the article and I have no idea what happened for certain. So I will have to give the officers the benefit of the doubt in how they handled it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If it is holstered and the holster is still on the belt, pointing it would be quite a trick. If you tell me to drop my pistol to the ground and then shoot me when I pull it, something is wrong. I read through the article and I have no idea what happened for certain. So I will have to give the officers the benefit of the doubt in how they handled it.
    I have no idea for certain what happened either. Many witnesses stated Mr. Scott raised the gun and pointed it at the officer. If my intentions were to drop it I sure as hell wouldn't raise it up.

I also wouldn't wait to see what he was going to do once he got it completely raised...if indeed he was raising his hand.

I thank God I didn't have to make the decision.

Only lesson I can say is
    1) Raise your arms in the air
    2) Drop anything you may have in your hands
    3) Stay standing until you hear otherwise and DON't MOVE!
    4) Don't point guns at anyone
    5) If you're high on prescription pain killers and mind altering drugs...leave the gun at home

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is just a mind boggling statement...

Goodman (the Scott's attorney) had said he had a list of about 25 other eyewitnesses who would say that Scott didn't threaten the officers, but he refused to give it to the coroner, district attorney or police.

ERIK SCOTT INQUEST: Shooting ruled justifiable - News - ReviewJournal.com

Not really from my understanding the "corner inquiry" is a legal process in Las Vegas in which only the lawyer for the city (gov) can ask questions to the witnesses. The Goodman's ATTY and anyone else that wants to ask questions must submit them in wirting and can not cross-exam the people on the stand giving answers. In addition the judge can toss out any written question he does not like.

So the processes sounds real sequed as best.

Goodman's atty said they would show all their info & be able to cross-exam witnesses at the fed. case which will give them an even playing field so to speak. Suspect they do not want the witnesses they have to get harrased by the gov before the case. :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have no idea for certain what happened either. Many witnesses stated Mr. Scott raised the gun and pointed it at the officer. If my intentions were to drop it I sure as hell wouldn't raise it up.

I also wouldn't wait to see what he was going to do once he got it completely raised...if indeed he was raising his hand.

I thank God I didn't have to make the decision.

4) Don't point guns at anyone
    5) If you're high on prescription pain killers and mind altering drugs...leave the gun at home
    Agree 100%! This whole thing leaves many questions from both sides. I hope the ruling was the correct one.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    approval

Sorry you don't approve. But it changes nothing.:twocents:

Not about my approval. its about having personal standards that are appropriate to the job. Nobody is perfect but this guy is far enough away that somebody ought to remind him that standards do exist and he ought to at least make an effort to meet them. :twocents::patriot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    point made

If you're high on prescription pain killers and mind altering drugs...leave the gun at home

None of us were there and nothing we say here makes a real difference.
    Cops have a hard job. I hope they all stay safe and have opportunity to use good judgement. Hopefully none of us will ever have to give them the opportunity to see if they have good judgement..

Good judgement comes from experience.
    Where does experience come from?
    Bad judgement.
    Please try and learn from other's. Getting your own can be painful and dangerous.:rockwoot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom