• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I can't really make anything out of that "blog", it's like a typical news report. If the dude went nuts and pointed a gun at a cop, he got what he had coming. I wasn't there, and I'm guessing the blogger wasn't either, so....who knows? I have not heard anything about this case, is it a questionable shooting? What are you getting at?:dunno:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    "Hey Moe!", I wonder if the other LEO's involved were Moe and Larry.

picture.php

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Very interesting reads: Play by play from the court. I think the "Blog" concept is throwing folks off in thinking there is a bias. Its a play by play.

So it seems the guy was on drugs, prescribed, when the occurance happened. Also, he has a previous gun related issue this year. I understand everyone rallying behind him because of his history, but to sound contradictory: Does that matter when the guy is pulling his gun on everyone and getting flippant with clerks at a store?

Now, while the drugs he was on do not seem condusive to violence. Also, his history is one of service. But realistically, this seems to be a third component: Mental. I wonder what Mr. Scott was doing for employment after his service? I have heard of a lot of servicemen, some I know and (in actuality) alot of Marines that come back from service and can't seem to "hack" it, particularly if they were especially trained, skilled or higher ranked. Civilian life is difficult to readjust to according to some of the ones I have talked to.

All in all: It is sad to see someone gunned down, period. But the story isn't adding up on Mr. Scott's side of the story. Sounds like a broken down (terrible actually) vet that had difficulty adjusting to civvie life. :(

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    But the story isn't adding up on Mr. Scott's side of the story.
    It could be that Mr. Scott's side of the story isn't even being allowed to be presented. A Nevada paper has some insight into the inquest. They apparently have a history of OK'ing police shootings, even when they're bad shoots. There's apparently only one side in these things.

Las Vegas coroner's inquest in police slaying of Erik Scott raises questions about process | rgj.com | The Reno Gazette-Journal

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Now, while the drugs he was on do not seem condusive to violence. Also, his history is one of service. But realistically, this seems to be a third component: Mental. I wonder what Mr. Scott was doing for employment after his service? I have heard of a lot of servicemen, some I know and (in actuality) alot of Marines that come back from service and can't seem to "hack" it, particularly if they were especially trained, skilled or higher ranked. Civilian life is difficult to readjust to according to some of the ones I have talked to.

He was employed as a sales representative for a pacemaker manufacturer.

The coroners inquiry process seems suspect, and not in keeping with the Constitution.

aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    "Hey Moe!", I wonder if the other LEO's involved were Moe and Larry.

picture.php

there should be 2 mandatory questions asked when interviewing to be a cop...1.) can you reach your arms all the way around your fat body to actually handle a gun? 2.) when was the last time you actually SAW your penis?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    when was the last time you actually SAW your penis?

I'm fat and The fact that I CAN see my penis is probably the reason fat people don't have any problem getting the babes! Bigger tools require bigger roofs.

:D

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    That pic is all kinds of awesome. Nothing like a obese cop with a tacticool haircut.

Those are typically the ones to avoid at all costs.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It could be that Mr. Scott's side of the story isn't even being allowed to be presented. A Nevada paper has some insight into the inquest. They apparently have a history of OK'ing police shootings, even when they're bad shoots. There's apparently only one side in these things.

Las Vegas coroner's inquest in police slaying of Erik Scott raises questions about process | rgj.com | The Reno Gazette-Journal

Very interesting. I would imagine the powers that be would be more inclined to give lee-way to the police. Realistically, in this case: I personally read the police's testimony, but threw it out in my mind. Anything they say can be just CYA instead of the truth. One of the officers that responded was pretty much a new guy (March 2009 koin date?). Could have been jitters, plus gun-ho cops. Not going to jump to that conclusion: The video evidence is lacking if non-existant. Depending on the lackluster performance of witness memory doesn't help either, particularly with the initial reports ranging from he shot his gun at a cop to he laid on the ground, but was fired upon. The initial news story was all over the place.

He was employed as a sales representative for a pacemaker manufacturer.

Sales rep. Having been one (not for a pacemaker maker, but hey :D ), it can be stressful and dry in parts. Its not like he was a laid off alcohol warehouse driver or something. It seems the shooter types generally work lower paying jobs, but then again, one in Michigan was a well paid engineer (but recently divorced, no money there :( ).

HMMMMM....

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I had to save the pic as well. ;-)

Already sent it to a buddy with the message "the long chin of the law is coming for you"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom