• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Hi guys um I just picked up a 7.62 39mm Chinese SKS.I was wondering how much anyone would think would be a good price to let it go for? I found some online in worse condition then mine for between 200$ to 400$. What do you guys think?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Bought one this weekend for $230, several others at the auction went for $250-280. I agree that in good shape and matching numbers, $250 to $300 is a good range.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    chinese versions NIB top out around $300. I had one two years ago, new/unfired with accessories and had troubles selling it for $250.

If it were russian, those are a different story. They usually sell for about double.

Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Yeah um my uncles saying my gun may actually be worth like 4000$ because of the symbols and stuff on it, He kinda knows what he's talking about he has like a private armory basically.I have a picture of it and it has an unusual finish on it also apparently. Um the pic I have isn't all that good I'm new to this stuff but I can post the link on here or something.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    Yeah um my uncles saying my gun may actually be worth like 4000$ because of the symbols and stuff on it, He kinda knows what he's talking about he has like a private armory basically.I have a picture of it and it has an unusual finish on it also apparently. Um the pic I have isn't all that good I'm new to this stuff but I can post the link on here or something.

I have a 1966 sks norico. Damm I would take 4000$ for mine!!!

:popcorn:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    never heard of an sks worth 4000.....would never pay it for one if my life depended on it.....not many years ago they were $100 guns.....I have a hard time seeing past $250 for one of any condition

Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Here's the image umm I hope that works lol. I also have a Finnish Mosin Nagant I can upload too which I may shortly.
    MySKS.jpg

Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    never heard of an sks worth 4000.....would never pay it for one if my life depended on it.....not many years ago they were $100 guns.....I have a hard time seeing past $250 for one of any condition

I don't really know much about it but apparently he has some friends who are interested in it because It has like some weird pyramid symbol and Chinese writing on it IDK if I can get a photo of it but, from what he's saying it could be worth that much you know? I'm kinda new to guns really and I got this one really cheap through a family friend all i really know about it is it came back from a war his grandfather was in and has been basically sitting since then though he had fired it himself once.He kept it clean and stuff though after his grandfather passed away. I'll let you guys know what I find out about it definitively cause I'm going to get it appraised.I'm not sure if I wanna keep it or sell it though cause either way it's a nice piece of history and seems to be like it'd be fun to go hunting with.I mean it shoots M60 Bullets basically

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I don't really know much about it but apparently he has some friends who are interested in it because It has like some weird pyramid symbol and Chinese writing on it IDK if I can get a photo of it but, from what he's saying it could be worth that much you know? I'm kinda new to guns really and I got this one really cheap through a family friend all i really know about it is it came back from a war his grandfather was in and has been basically sitting since then though he had fired it himself once.He kept it clean and stuff though after his grandfather passed away. I'll let you guys know what I find out about it definitively cause I'm going to get it appraised.I'm not sure if I wanna keep it or sell it though cause either way it's a nice piece of history and seems to be like it'd be fun to go hunting with.I mean it shoots M60 Bullets basically
    Without a picture it's hard to say, but the "weird pyramid" is probably the chinese characters for 8 (ba) 1 (yi) [八一] superimposed on each other, commemorating the founding of the People's Liberation Army on August 1, 1927.
    200px-China_Emblem_PLA.svg.png

That would probably be stamped on any piece of hardware produced by the PLA.

Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Um IDK the weird little pyramid thing has like a 26 it looks like.I got told that if there's another one like that inside the slide, which I can't get to, cause IDK how to take apart this gun or anything,then it's worth some good money. My uncle's saying right now without being able to see it you know that I could prolly get between 3-400$ for it but if he does look at it and has that symbol inside which I hope it will cause the serial numbers on the slide and stuff match,then it'll be in the thousands.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Like this? Try Googling Arsenal 26 SKS for some other examples. There's also a website by a Yooper John who knows SKS markings.
    2d76m9f.jpg

Last edited:

Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    I just figured it out looking at em it's an arsenal 26 Paratrooper SKS apparently.... Actually worth around like 4-500$

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yours is an Arsenal 26, but its not a paratrooper. Your barrel is the "normal" long barrel version.

as for cost, a paratrooper might get you to $350, but you dont have one so your still looking at around $250. IMO, your not looking at over $400 until you get to a M or D model that accept AK mags.

Inosuke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Is it really? LOL ohh well whatever either way it's still cool.Still trying to figure out if I want to keep it or not though,I mean I don't really know. On one hand I wanna sell it cause I don't have a hunting license or anything and even if I did I don't know if I'd wanna hunt with it,but I could always keep it around I mean next year is 2012 you know the zombie apocalypse and all heheh.:ar15:

xXALISTERXx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Um IDK the weird little pyramid thing has like a 26 it looks like.I got told that if there's another one like that inside the slide, which I can't get to, cause IDK how to take apart this gun or anything,then it's worth some good money. My uncle's saying right now without being able to see it you know that I could prolly get between 3-400$ for it but if he does look at it and has that symbol inside which I hope it will cause the serial numbers on the slide and stuff match,then it'll be in the thousands.
    Sorry man, but there is no chance your SKS will ever be worth or even close to being worth $1000, If you can squeeze $300-$325 out of it you'll be doing good.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Sorry man, but there is no chance your SKS will ever be worth or even close to being worth $1000, If you can squeeze $300-$325 out of it you'll be doing good.

So your first post was a reply to a guy who has not posted and his thread has not been active for over a year? Welcome to INGO. You'll go far here! Merry Christmas everybody!

Top Bottom