• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Like most have said, $800 gets you into the higher end. Colt, Springfield, maybe a used Kimber. But on the low end, entry 1911's, I love my RIA 1911A1. Fit and finish it's one of my favorite guns I own.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    W

Wabatuckian

OLDER Charles Daly, like when they first came out, were not good. Later-built ones were just rebadged Armscor (RIA, etc)

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    THAT was that gun??
    Awesome that you could fix it! I assume Regent completely washed their hands of it, then. Good to know.

It was an experiment to me but with the right equipment it was not that hard and a nice repair

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I have seen Ruger 1911s quite often at my local Hammond Cabelas, AAMF there was one there 2-3 days ago. And also seen one at my newly revamped guns only Gander Mtn. Also now that the gun buying craze has deminished considerably you can start giving online gun stores a look, especially ones that include S&H in the price. Just find you a FFL dealer that will do a FFL tranfer for $35 or less.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have seen Ruger 1911s quite often at my local Hammond Cabelas, AAMF there was one there 2-3 days ago. And also seen one at my newly revamped guns only Gander Mtn. Also now that the gun buying craze has deminished considerably you can start giving online gun stores a look, especially ones that include S&H in the price. Just find you a FFL dealer that will do a FFL tranfer for $35 or less.

I think the SR1911 availability was a fluke. It was the hot ticket item last year, and just as you would expect them to start hitting shelves the panic hit.

Glad to hear they are finally coming around. Its on my short list of guns to buy.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I bought my Taurus 1911 for $595. No issues at all with it. It's a great shooting gun right out of the box. The only mod I did to it was to add custom grips.

I paid the same price - spent the additional $200 on ammo. Based on a personal sample of four (mine plus one each with three brothers - all of which have been trouble free after well over 1000 rounds each), the PT-1911 is a functional, reasonably priced, good quality 1911.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have an ATI GI 1911. Works great.

The 1911 is such a good design, you have to try to get it wrong LOL.

In short, it's hard to screw up a 1911!

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Rock Island Armory Standard GI No. 51421 45 ACP, $410

As quoted from their test of this firearm in their June edition of Gun Tests,
    "Perfect function with better-than-expected accuracy — the Rock Island Arms Standard GI is not in the tackdriver category, but it’s far from being a casual plinker. We would have no hesitation recommending this pistol for the shooter on a budget."

I was considering this one but am leaning toward the Remington. A little more money but it's "American Made"!

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    Super happy with my RIA MS.
    Just got home from sending some lead through it.
    Rock on Rock I. :rockwoot:
    Do you have any RIA's in stock at the store? I haven't been able to find any RIA's in the South Bend area and the "dealer locator" on the RIA website doesn't show any dealers within 100 miles of South Bend.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Im sitting in the ER but if you look for a post by me in the gunsmith sticky, John Strang is in Breman. Nice shop he might even have a few in stock. If not he can get about anything.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think the SR1911 availability was a fluke. It was the hot ticket item last year, and just as you would expect them to start hitting shelves the panic hit.

Glad to hear they are finally coming around. Its on my short list of guns to buy.
    Check out Buds and Impact online. They've had the SR1911 a lot lately, though they are selling right around MSRP. I"ve even seen the commander version on there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom