• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    well ive decided that i want a 1911 as my next purchases i dont need some thing crazy nice just simple and reliable in stainless any ideas fellas? i want the ruger version but i never seen one in person so im just seeing whats out there. thanks

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There is a very wide variety of 1911's out there. A little more info would be nice. You want top of the line, have a limit on cost?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    well ive decided that i want a 1911 as my next purchases i dont need some thing crazy nice just simple and reliable in stainless any ideas fellas? i want the ruger version but i never seen one in person so im just seeing whats out there. thanks
    I've been fighting that bug for a while now. I've heard the Ruger is great, but so is Kimber, Springfield, Sig. Everybody has one. I was checking out the Remington and RIA. Even as a little boy, it was either the Colt Peacemaker or the Colt 1911. They are just :cool:.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I have a Colt. I have a buddy that has 2-3 Kimbers. Another buddy with a Colt...etc. IMHO I would go to your LGS and see if you can coon-finger a few. You'll know when it's the right 1911. It'll speak to you:D.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I bought a Para GI Expert in stainless and couldnt be happier with it. If all the rest of my collection went away and all I had was that one I would be happy. All I shoot,reload, and carry now is my 45. Heck of a gun. Packs a punch even at 150 yrds when I ring the gong with it. No issues at all and I use Chip Mcormic mags.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would also be looking real hard at that Ruger. I am a big Ruger fan and that came out right after I bought the Para.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I am very happy with my Sig. Hubby has a Kimber that's always been a pleasure to shoot. I paid around $800 for the Sig last fall. We both like either gun, I do have to say the Sig is a little more finicky about what ammo we feed it. We reload, and had to make a change to accomodate it. It also didn't like some home defense rounds we tried in it. Don't remember the name, think they were Hornady brand, and they were hollow points. It has never had a problem with regular factory rounds. We both think it's a great gun for the money.
    picture.php

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As mentioned, this is a serious addiction that needs to be addressed by the psych. community. Once you take the first there is no stopping. One is too many and 10 is never enough.....................:):

I like anything Springfield. Great entry level pieces in all price ranges. The loaded in SS is a great gun (have one)
    The GI in SS is also a good offering.

No knock on the Ruger but having done a few side by side's between the Ruger and the Springers I have found the Springers to win hands down in the fit/finish and trigger areas. JMHO and everyone has their own expectations with 1911's.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I now have two and my wife also loves them to death and shoots them very well. I am looking for another for her once I get some cash saved up. You got to have one in every configuration.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Applied Ballistics in Lafayette has a Ruger SR1911 that you can rent and try out.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    They all are nice guns i have 2 colts 1 long 1 short need to go and try to shoot some to see what you like by the way CINDY E nice looking gun looks alot like my emp

Top Bottom