• Choose only one...

• Total voters

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I've got colt , 2 R.I.A.'s and a Smith along with a llama . I picked the RIA
    because they get carried , don,t sit in a safe, have never had a function problem with either one and although I an not rough on any firearm I think i would cry if i put a scratch on a high priced firearm.didn't buy for show but for go .

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Infantrylife.... thank you.

Substance-P.... I gotta find out some more about this....... thanks for the heads up. :yesway:

Here is a pic of one of them....check out the grips :cool:

I believe it also has the same finish as the Dan Wesson Valor which I like quite a bit.
    DanWessonCCO.jpg

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    It's probably posted somewhere, but does that have an "officers" frame ? If so that's gonna squelch it for me.... I just gotta have room for my little finger on the grip. Sure is a purty pistol........ :yesway:

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    It's probably posted somewhere, but does that have an "officers" frame ? If so that's gonna squelch it for me.... I just gotta have room for my little finger on the grip. Sure is a purty pistol........ :yesway:

Yep. Commander slide on Officer's frame. Sometimes they fit me okay, sometimes they are too small. I think it has to do, in part, with the way my hand fits with respect to each grip safety.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    If money was truely not an issue than I would want one of the higher end pistols: Wilson, Nighthawk etc...

But from the list offered, I tend to stick w/ Colt and Kimber. Both of which I believe are better valued pistols if you can find the older ones: Colt/ 70 series and Kimber original non series II pistols or at least a series II w/ internal extractor.

SA is then next, but only from first hand expierence.... I really like the SIG 1911 and the S&Ws too. I would have to test a Taurus at the range before purchasing one.

Issues with pistols listed: (personal expierences)

Colts.... never seem to feed HP ammo w/o being polished, handsomely priced for the configuarations and accessories.

Kimber.... hard to find the series I let alone a Clackamas pistol, definately had External Extractor issues with the series I, I had a SII that had the slide replaced (then it ran great!!!)

SA.... the couple that I had were not as accurate as a Kimber or as reliable as a Colt.... so they were sold/ traded off. (after a trip to SA)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I voted Kimber. I've got a series 70 Gold Cup, several Kimbers, a Springer, and a Para. Not shot the others. I shoot best with my Kimbers. I carry a Kimber daily. So Kimber got my vote.

The only one I've ever really had any problems with was the Para had some extractor issues, which they are notorious for.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I keep hearing people have extractor issues with the Para. I have the GI Expert and have never had a problem with it, but like the kimbers more.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Mine is the only vote for the Sig. Have or have had several 1911's over the years. Interestingly, the Sig is the best shooting (in all respects) of any nonmatch conditioned 1911 I have ever fired.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just for reference: Olympic Arms doesn't make a 1911. A sister company, Safari Arms does make some very nice and well regarded 1911 pistols, but they are not Olympic Arms guns.

Of the guns listed, I've used/owned most of them.

I still own 2 of the Safari Arms pistols, mine are not carry guns but rather are custom target grade pistols built on beryllium frames with match coned target barrels. I also currently own, and carry, a Para Carry 9 pistol and consider it to be of excellent quality. I've had Colt pistols and consider them excellent, but I'm not so sure if the current crop of Colt guns is the same quality as the prior Colt company? Springfield Armory impresses me more than Kimber; Kimber strikes me as fancy but sometimes finicky while S/A is less fancy but reliable. I've never held/shot the Sig variant.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    r3126.... I have two Sig 1911's, and they are really nice guns, but the Dan Wesson just "feels better" to me....... Not planning on selling any of 'em, and it's hard to choose.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Any time X, Y, and Z all claim to be just as good as A you can bet A is the best there is.

All else an unknown, I'm going to take A is the best there is until they start claiming they are just as good as brand X "...and cheaper too!"

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I had a Para, and it was a jam-o-matic. I currently own a Pt 1911, which is a dream to shoot, but has series 80 style inards. I just got a RIA 1911A1, but I have yet to shoot it. My favorite is my Colt Combat Commander. It is satin nickle, and it still looks as good as it did when I bought it thirty years ago. It wears new sights, grip safety, and a Cylinder and Slide trigger pull kit, (hammer, sear, disconnector, mainspring, leaf spring).:shoot:

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've shot colts and springfields (which all shot very well) but the one I laid my money down on was the Taurus PT 1911 for the features it comes with out of the box. It's been utterly reliable with no failures through hundreds of rounds many of which were JHP rounds.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I voted for Colt. Nothing can beat the original. But aside from Colt, if I could have two votes. I would also pick Springfield Armory. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom