Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AS4cfnx.jpg

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    This isn't meant to be a knock on 1911, just my personal experience. I always wanted a 1911, and I came across a deal on a Springfield Armory MC Operator so I grabbed it up. No, it isn't the highest of high end 1911, but its a pretty darn nice pistol. Took it to the range and was shooting it along with my coworkers Glock 21. Glock 21 had less felt recoil and was more accurate IN MY HANDS. Ill probably never get rid of the MC Operator because its really pretty though. A lot of it probably has to do with the most frequent gun ive shot is glock. Ive always had glocks and always loved them. I still know that technically speaking the MC operator is a "better" pistol, but if I had to pick one pistol out of the 2 and couldn't have both, id go glock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This isn't meant to be a knock on 1911, just my personal experience. I always wanted a 1911, and I came across a deal on a Springfield Armory MC Operator so I grabbed it up. No, it isn't the highest of high end 1911, but its a pretty darn nice pistol. Took it to the range and was shooting it along with my coworkers Glock 21. Glock 21 had less felt recoil and was more accurate IN MY HANDS. Ill probably never get rid of the MC Operator because its really pretty though. A lot of it probably has to do with the most frequent gun ive shot is glock. Ive always had glocks and always loved them. I still know that technically speaking the MC operator is a "better" pistol, but if I had to pick one pistol out of the 2 and couldn't have both, id go glock.

I have found that a G**** points up high in my hands. My natural grip and muscle memory were developed over many years of running the 1911. If and when I pick up a G**** the nose of the pistol is canted up from where it is with the 1911. I have to struggle to keep the nose down.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    If you currently running XD why throw another gun into the mix. I would just go xd45.

I dumped my entire hand gun collection when I picked up a friends Glock 21. Glock guy forever now. Holds more rounds, ultra reliability with minimal cleaning, cheap to buy, parts are cheap, mag compatibility, no need for a gun smith......list goes on

Between the two choices get a used glock and spend the rest on ammo

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I have found that a G**** points up high in my hands. My natural grip and muscle memory were developed over many years of running the 1911. If and when I pick up a G**** the nose of the pistol is canted up from where it is with the 1911. I have to struggle to keep the nose down.
    :+1:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    my only "issue" with the glock, is i cant seem to get a grip on it..
    as a previous poster mentioned, it's kinda like holding a rolling pin, or trying to grip a 2x4.
    a 1911 just fits my hand better....

:cheers:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    my only "issue" with the glock, is i cant seem to get a grip on it..
    as a previous poster mentioned, it's kinda like holding a rolling pin, or trying to grip a 2x4.
    a 1911 just fits my hand better....

:cheers:
    CrewChief888, I take it you're most thankful to not be the Crew Chief of old Triple 7.

If you like it, shoot it. I drive a Honda Civic so I'm required to carry a G**** and catch grief from 1911ers (ok, just the one with the initials CM). That's OK, I grief him about needing a drop-gun if he ever has to use one of those uber-nice 1911s in a self-defense situation, so it all works out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CrewChief888, I take it you're most thankful to not be the Crew Chief of old Triple 7.

If you like it, shoot it. I drive a Honda Civic so I'm required to carry a G**** and catch grief from 1911ers (ok, just the one with the initials CM). That's OK, I grief him about needing a drop-gun if he ever has to use one of those uber-nice 1911s in a self-defense situation, so it all works out.

And I have taken that to heart. Seriously.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

+2

BUT; I recently obtained a Gen 5 G 34 and, while the grip angle is obviously the same, it points better for me. Don't know if its the longer barrel length keeping the nose down or the lack of the hated finger groves. Trigger sucks though.

You, CM, really should think about giving the G34 a try and dumping those 1911's on to people around you....:runaway:

...and just for the record; the only 1911 I've had (and I've my fair share of various factory offers) reliability issues with was a Kimber. All others have been spot on. In fairness to Kimber fans, I am looking hard at a 10mm Eclipse right now.

Oh and another thing....to those that complain about the 1911 being an antiquated design....nearly ALL the mechanical workings of MOST firearms are based on designs that have changed little in the past century. Maybe parts and pieces have been refined with improvements in manufacturings abilities but its all the same few basic rifle and/pistol design.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

lol...When I first got back into 1911's a couple of years ago they pointed low.

Owning 1911's, Glocks, Ruger MK's, a CZ, a Browning Challenger and a S&W Mod 27, I find that I can pick any of them up and naturally point on target after a couple of presentations.

To the OP...when I think .45 ACP, I naturally think of 1911's and fun.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Get both and don't look back. I did.
    G41 MOS with RM06 is like cheating. However, there is nothing like the 3.5# single action trigger my Series 70.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Bottom