• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I can only speak from experience and won't try to speak for weapons I have never handled. I own a Taurus 1911 and absolutely love it. I've put close to 500 rounds through it over the years and have yet to have a malfunction. They are affordable and well made.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This is a naive question, but what are differences between enhanced and not enhanced? Are the differences worth the price difference?
    Differences Enhanced has
    Skeletonized Trigger
    Enhanced Beaver Tail
    Read adjustable sight
    front red fiber optic sight
    Front slide groves

Worth the money. Improvements already there that most would do to it. Standard R1 is more G.I. type.

SR1911 are nice but the Remington is a better shooter. I have both.

Last edited:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    The Remington and Ruger are the superior picks in your list. Unfortunately, the tight supply on the Ruger has pushed prices on that 1911 over $800. It should be selling for less than $700.

The newest Remingtons are extremely well-made firearms and very accurate.

This is my experience. I have the Remington, and like it very well for a pretty much plain jane 1911. {My favorite kind} They also offer an "Enhanced" version, which I have only given a cursory examination. I have handled the Ruger full size 1911, and also the Commander size specimen.

I would really like to have one, but I kind of winced at the asking price. Even the shop owner advised "the price will come down eventually," but I don't have any clue when that might be.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I shot an R1 Enhanced with the threaded barrel (like the one in the pic above) a couple of months back. Out of the box, it was grouping close to what I was shooting with a Wilson CQB (both offhand). Results might vary with a Ransom rest (which I didn't have on hand), and the Wilson had a better trigger (but it was still a very good stock trigger).

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Just to stir the pot.....
    Another one you might consider is the STI Spartan.
    One of the nicest out of the box triggers I've ever shot.
    It does have a parkerized finish. If that's a deal breaker for you then I would give the nod to the Ruger.
    Never shot one of the Remingtons, so I can't offer an opinion.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I really like my R1 Enhanced, and the standard R1 is a really good pistol also. The Ruger is very nice, and I was impressed with the one I shot.

If you catch me at a time I am at ECPR, you are welcome to try my Remington.

You might also look at the used market for a Springfield...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The standard gi model Springfield is in this price range as well. I'd be seriously looking at that if I were you.

or save up a few bucks more and get the loaded springer version. Pay once, cry once.

Last edited:

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    A 1911 in 9mm is sacrilegious to some, you might go to hell for such blasphemy!!:):

I think for the 350 price. I would also be in hell and at the back of the bus. I would have pulled the trigger on that deal.

To Op Great thread.. I have also been in the market. I have leaned more toward the rock and am glad to see so many Ingo people like...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Gentlemen please stop discussing 1911 in 9mm. I am starting to feel ill. I already washed my eyes out thinking that was not what I actually read. I believe cambering 1911's in 9mm was started by the Sciencetology cult. It really has no place in polite society and you know children do read INGO, we wouldn't want to corrupt young minds now would we? :dunno:

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I have looked at the Taurus myself. I have seen them as low as $429 refurbished and $489 new. For the price I like it and then can upgrade it later.

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    I also have a PT 1911 and love it. Paid $550 new in February of 2013. I have had no issues with at least 750 down range. I can't speak on JHP, as I'm poor and can't afford them.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    For the money I would look for a used Sig, S&W, STI (1911), or Colt. I picked up a Sig 5" Scopian for $700 that still had fractory grease. With my eyes I can still put 8 rounds in 2" @ 25 yd. My STI will do better and most of the time the Colt will do as good. Was going to pick up a S&W pro when I seen a Colt Rail gun laying next to it. The Colt came home will get the S&W another month.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Gentlemen please stop discussing 1911 in 9mm. I am starting to feel ill. I already washed my eyes out thinking that was not what I actually read. I believe cambering 1911's in 9mm was started by the Sciencetology cult. It really has no place in polite society and you know children do read INGO, we wouldn't want to corrupt young minds now would we? :dunno:

Mobile Photobucket

Lovin' that 9mm goodness!!!!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom