• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Why is it with all that there is to choose from that I usually just throw a Springfield Ultra Compact into the holster when I'm heading into town? Is it a psychological thing? I mean, the .45 IS a disagreement ender, and all, but I've been carrying the HECK out of that thing lately, even going so far as to dress around it, and I don't really need to do that.
    What gives? I really hope I"m not turning into one of those 1911 nerds you read about on TV....

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    I have been a gun owner for only two months. I have purchased two pistols in this period of time. Before going any further I want to say that, 1. I started out with the mindset that there are many different designs, shapes, and sizes for many different applications and therefore I should have one of each for such: ie; a carry gun, a nightstand gun, and range gun, ect.. and 2. That I would follow this rule of thumb when considering my purchases. One important factor I failed to include in the process was cost. As I began my research to make the best possible purchase I realized that there are many guns made that fit more than one application and typically the more applications one gun could be used for the more that gun costs. The 1911 is a great example of a design that competently accomplishes many applications. For that reason alone I think you are justified in relying on your 1911 more than other designs. The catch? Most notable makers of the 1911 charge exactly what the gun is worth... alot. For me I have a Glock 19 for carry (which I find myself shooting more at the range because the ammo is cheaper and I want to be as proficient as possible in the event of needed use). But.. My baby is a Springfield RO 1911. Maybe someday it will be used for more applications than it is now.. Joshua

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    it is all a matter of comfort i started carring the 1911 in the corps. been carring them for forty years they become part of you jmo
    :D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hmmm.... Just to be contrary I carried the 229 today in my Crossbreed Supertuck. To be honest it WASN'T quite as comfortable as the 1911 in a paddle holster. But, to also be honest, it was nice not to have to wear my jacket so as not to freak out the sheeple... Just a nice sweater. Now I'm really torn. What if I get a Supertuck for my Springfield? Will the Sig universe collapse in on itself? Hmmmm......

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That Ultra Carry is a thing of beauty. Find a nice OWB holster and go OC so everyone can enjoy how nice it looks. I carry both of my regular carry 1911s in Kramer Scabbards. It's just not right to hide a gun as good looking as that. You wouldn't make Claudia Schiffer wear a burkha, would you?

BTW, I run a pair of ultra thin grips on my Ultra and when I do go IWB, it disappears. They take almost a quarter inch of the thickness of the grip.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Not a darn thing wrong with it. If you like the gun and all it entails, go for it.

I also like .45 acp, but usually in a GLOCK platform, since I don't really prefer to carry single action semi-autos.

I used to have an SA Ultra-Compact with the V-10 porting. I finally got rid of it for reliability issues, which was a darn shame, because I shot the gun fairly well, and it was a very attractive piece of machinery.

I'm sure mine was the exception, not the rule.

raven84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    You should always carry what you feel comfortable and confident with, and if that's the 1911, then go with what you love. I personally go with a .38 snubbie for convenience, but the .45 is my nightstand gun.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Not a darn thing wrong with it. If you like the gun and all it entails, go for it.

I also like .45 acp, but usually in a GLOCK platform, since I don't really prefer to carry single action semi-autos.

I used to have an SA Ultra-Compact with the V-10 porting. I finally got rid of it for reliability issues, which was a darn shame, because I shot the gun fairly well, and it was a very attractive piece of machinery.

I'm sure mine was the exception, not the rule.

You should've fix that SA Ultra-Compact, I have a CASPIAN 45, that without the mag, you pull the side back a little & the slide doesn't slide foward, I'm sure it's a W E A K recoil spring, I'll find out in the next couple of days. But most issues with a 1911, is always a simple cure:twocents:

Top Bottom