• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Recently bought a Springfield 1911 Loaded Stainless. Love the look and feel of a 1911 equipped with a Magwell. Looking to buy an Ed Brown 1911 Auto Drop-in Maxi-Well. Looks like a pretty simple and straight-forward install. My question is whether or not I should also replace the Mainspring too while I am at it? Not really sure what this would gain me. I noticed they "also recommend" an Ed Brown 1911 Auto Competition Mainspring with the Maxi-Well. Any advice on this?
    [h=1][/h]

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I recently bought a used Kimber and replaced most of the springs because I didn't know the history on the gun before I bought it, just for a little piece of mind. If yours functions fine now I wouldn't even worry about changing it.

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    Personally, I'd get a matching mainspring/magwell. You don't necessarily have to, but I would. Wilson sells them as matched sets. In fact, they have a one-piece mainspring/magwell as well. I'm looking at adding that to one of my Kimbers.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I guess I forgot to mention that the gun is brand new. I haven't even had a chance to take it to the range yet to fire any rounds off. :( But I love the feel the Magwell gives on other 1911's I have held and shot. The Ed Brown is a one-piece drop-in.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom