• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Don't get me wrong I love me some HiPower goodness. I have sent several thousand rounds downrange with that platform. I am only recently a 1911 convert and still consider myself a noob. I have to admit I think the 1911 in 9mm is even more fun then my old favorite, the BHP.

I agree! The 1911 in 9mm is a fun gun to shoot and the RI is a great shooter for the money.

20130902_083340_zps00cf7d6c.jpg

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    Question... I've seen it multiple times in this thread and others... how 9mm sometimes has trouble locking the slide back after the last round. Is that due to the lack of powder compared to the .45?
    If so (im a hand loader) I'm also interested in a 9mm 1911. Is there a recipe anyone uses that is an ideal charge to fully operate the heavy slide and stiff spring of the 1911 in 9mm? It is never good to over charge a red, especially a 9mm being that it is a very high pressure rd to begin with, but is there a recipe that anyone has found successful. I tend to stick to the midrange to lower end of the powder charges. I get much better accuracy and operation that way... at least I'm my m9, sigs, and EAA's.
    I own 4 1911 9mm, S&W ,STI Trojan, Springfield and Kimber custom aegis 2 all have performed flawless and my reload recipe that works best is......124gr FMJ....4.4gr titegroup 1.125 OAL......B-lou

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I am kicking around the idea of a 9mm 1911 myself. Currently all of my true 1911s are 45acp, but I do have a 1911 pattern gun (Sig P938) in 9mm.

If I got a 9mm version, I would then be balanced in my primary handguns between 9mm and 45acp...and after the recent ammo shortages, I am thinking that might not be a bad idea...

Mark

Top Bottom