• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    The inability to change the sights on the SA would stop me from buying it. Any weapon I have that I am serious about for self defense is going to have a quality night sight on it...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Not bad, anyone know of the top of their head how much it costs to have a gun parkerized, blued, whatever?

here before long i will be able to do either for you... the cost really depends on how refined a finish you want... a blasted finish is easy and cheaper than a high polish glossy finish.... parkerizing is cheaper than blueing. i will be up and running as soon as the ATF give me my licensing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    and just looked at the picture... you CAN replace those sights... you just have to find some that match that profile... i am not sure what version of dovetail cut that is but it appears to be similar to a bomar cut... might check into that, or call and ask what the specs are on it and you can try and find some other replacement sights.... and for the record, i hate those sights as well... WAY to much light showint in the sides of the FSP

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sights are important, you get to look at them a lot so its good that you like them. Are you just wanting those two brands or are you open to other options?

Products & Services

These have light rails, as I'm sure there are a ton of other options. Good Luck on finding what you want.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    and just looked at the picture... you CAN replace those sights... you just have to find some that match that profile... i am not sure what version of dovetail cut that is but it appears to be similar to a bomar cut... might check into that, or call and ask what the specs are on it and you can try and find some other replacement sights.... and for the record, i hate those sights as well... WAY to much light showint in the sides of the FSP

I know they are physically replaceable, but not with anything that doesn't suck. Like, if there was a bomar style rear sight that the rear view was similar to a regular 3 dot tritium sights setup, i could settle. But everything i've seen is just varying degrees of crap.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    there you go!!! these sights w/out the tritium is what i WAS going to add to my custum 1911 build, however i think i will go with these now.... its going to be an STI frame/slide
    and EVERYTHING else high quality and custom fitted by yours truly havent decided it i want to park or blue it yet...

looks like you found everything you need to in order to justify the TRP... please post pics when complete and let me know if you need help installing those sights.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    there you go!!! these sights w/out the tritium is what i WAS going to add to my custum 1911 build, however i think i will go with these now.... its going to be an STI frame/slide
    and EVERYTHING else high quality and custom fitted by yours truly havent decided it i want to park or blue it yet...

looks like you found everything you need to in order to justify the TRP... please post pics when complete and let me know if you need help installing those sights.

Probably gonna be a minute buddy. I'm in Afghanistan till Sep 1 next year, more or less. Then I ETS Sep 11, 2011 (most ominous ets date ever). Then I'll be back in indy. I'll probably have the sights put on before then.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ill give you my brownells dealer pricing on anything you want on that site since you are in Astand right now.... before you keep looking at sights though, i would verify what kind of dovetail cuts are used.... will prevent a lot of wasted effort. what time is it in Astan right now?

Top Bottom