• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looking for a pair of grips for my 1911 that will help in terms of gripping the handgun "better". I have the standard grips on mine like this:

PW9609L.jpg

Course I should get some of these instead
    _DSCN1120_blood_all.JPG

With "blood" and "da region" on the other side.

Custom Grips - 1911 Custom Killer Grips

Or perhaps really be prepared for the zombies with these:
    _DSCN9340a.JPG

:rolleyes:

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    There was a guy selling "gritty grips" on ebay. I bought some of his thick gritty grips and absolutely loved them. I've sense sold the gun they were on, but I am thinking of getting another set for my current 1911. They filled my hand and had great traction.... Just my two cents

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you want grippy grips, its probably hard to beat the VZ grips, some of those are very aggressive designs and give plenty of grip. I'm not a VZ fanboy, basically because I think their grips are ugly looking, but they offer a very secure grip on the gun.

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    Here are some pictures of the Monkeygrips by Larry Davidson that I have on my 1911s....... if some of the ones I have aren't grippy enough I not sure which ones will be :)

Shredders
    P1010051.jpg

Warthogs
    P1010057.jpg

Horned Lizards
    P1010024Medium.jpg

Warthogs in black
    P1010042.jpg

These are all made of G-10 so they will stand up to pretty much any abuse that you can throw at them.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    DO NOT buy grips from Custom Killer Grips. Before I got on INGO I ordered a set of custom grips from them and he had me pay through Paypal. He told me that the grips would take about a month to make. After 3 weeks I emailed him repetitively with no response. All I was asking was for an update on how the grips were coming along and if he thought that they would still be on track. to be completed in a week. I finally decided to file a complaint with paypal. Paypal contacted him and he emailed me back telling me everything was running smooth and the grips would be ready in a week but he needed me to remove the complaint on paypal so he could get supplies (wasn't sure how that stopped him, and I was naive at the time so I removed the complaint with paypal). After a few days I had still not heard anything from him after sending a few more emails, so i called paypal. At first they told me that since i had canceled the complain there was nothing they could do, but after talking to the guy a little longer he filed the complain on their end and told me that the way he set it up, it gave Custom Killer Grips 15 days to send paypal a tracking number of the grips being sent to me, or they would refund me my money. Well the 15 days passed with no emails from Custom Killer Grips to myself or paypal so thankfully I got my money back. I did some research around the web for reviews of his grips only to find that he had done something similar to many other people.
    I know some people on INGO don't like paypal, but this was an instance, where it saved me from getting screwed.

Anyways, back on topic, I got some grips from DURA Grips Home Page and I really liked them. I got the "gritty" ones with a magwell cut on them and put them on my STI Spartan. I would have kept them, but I am replacing the grips and magwell with Techwell grips and magwell so the fit will be better. I like the look of the dura grips gridlock and peanut grips, but I will def be buying a set of their plain FAUX Ivory grips in the near future for my Matchmaster.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You'll just to have to handle a lot of grips to find some that fit and give you a secure grip.
    I personally like a wood, sharp full checkered grip. They let the gun float into my palm and when I close my hand around them they fall into the same place in my hand everytime.
    I shoot with a loose grip on the gun to let the gun act on it's own when shooting for accuracy and the sharp checkering lets me keep control under recoil. With this grip i'm not forcing the gun to do what it's not designed for. Grips are very a personal fit product.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just got a set of Pearce grips. They give you the finger grips in the front while fitting under my walnut grips. Best of both worlds and they look very sharp.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i have a set of shredders for sale.....pm me....

btw i like heavy checked rosewood or cocobolo.....

Last edited:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I have a set of VZ DD on my VBOB they are VERY grippy to the point ofbeing harsh on new hands. They serve their purpose. For looks and fit to me nothing beats a set of Sarge's Grips.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    For a good grip I like the Hogue fingergroove grips and they are only around $20. They give a good feal and control of my 1911.

Top Bottom