• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Hey folks, I'm looking for some suggestions here. I have a Colt Combat Commander that I would like to have some work done on. I'm thinking about a reliability package, new sights, a trigger job, and perhaps getting it refinished as well. I was told that Clark's Custom Guns does a fantastic job, but according to their website, they are not currently accepting any more outside work. So, I was looking for some suggestions on who you would recommend doing some work for you if this was your pistol.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Wilson Combat if you want internals and finish.

Actions by T (Teddy Jacobson) if you are strictly concerned about having a gun that runs (smooth and reliable). Highly recommend that arrangements be made via phone call instead of email or online.

I've used both.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Check out Jim Milks at Innovative Custom Guns, for the little bit of work you want done there's no need to send it to a big name gunsmith that's going to make you wait a year or more. Jim used to do all the 1911 work for EGW who is a powerhouse in the 1911 world themselves. He does a lot of precision machining and welding so he can take care of anything you need very reasonably and quickly.

Innovative Custom Guns

Bear in mind that if you can't keep it local then you are going to have to spend probably 60-80.00 on next day air fees to ship your complete pistol unless you can have a dealer send it USPS for you.

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    Call Colt Customer Service about refinishing. They wanted 180.00 to refinish my Gold Cup National Match. Plus, they are fairly reasonable on parts too.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    COLT Tactical Package – Includes action tuning plus complete dehorn; replace grip safety with Smith and Alexander or Ed Brown with/without palm swell; replace safety with strong side or ambidextrous tactical safety; checker front strap (20 or 25 LPI); enhance cut front strap; install flat checkered mainspring housing (20 or 25 LPI); bevel magazine well; tune trigger; install Novak night sights. Complete refinish in customer’s choice of available Colt finishes.
    $875

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Matt Cheely.

$900? That better come with some lube. You could get the gun checkered, a trigger job, and chromed for that price. Don't let them shaft you just because it says "Colt."

Remember, this is the company that sells 1911s without even fitting the slide to the frame.

Top Bottom