• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I cc my fullsize 1911 with a Kholster and leather thriple wide studded belt..
    Kholster is my choice for an all steel 1911 or a high quality Nighthawk "pancake" type belt holster and an Uncle Mike's "Instructors" belt from Midway for $25.. PM me if you are looking for a 1911, I have several Kimbers I'm going to sell to finance another project.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Why carry a 5 inch 1911 and not a commander or cco? Im just wondering why would you want to lug all that weight around. I would get a cco or commander with an aluminum frame and call it a day.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Why carry a 5 inch 1911 and not a commander or cco? Im just wondering why would you want to lug all that weight around. I would get a cco or commander with an aluminum frame and call it a day.

I carry a steel framed Colt Commander and call it a GOOD day ! :rockwoot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why carry a 5 inch 1911 and not a commander or cco?

Because that's the way JMB designed it and that's the way Jeff Cooper liked it.:D

1. Get a box (for the holsters that do not work out).

2. We have many good holster options but you want a quality holster AND a quality belt; I would order from the same company. I prefer Milt Sparks, but we now have many good makers.

I carry my 1911 in an Executive Companion for IWB and a Sparks Roadrunner (very old school, not one word about my age, not one word), or a 60TK or a 55BN.

3. The weight argument is inane. 1) a good holster AND belt will distribute the weight, 2) look at the food blisters on guys inside a gun store next time you are in one.

Guys whining about 5 ounces of metal are packing an extra 40 to 50 lbs. around their middles.

"Oh, the 1911 is soooo heavy and hard to clean the donut icing off the stocks. I need something sweet."

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have never carried my full size 1911 but do carry my Kimber CDP II Pro (aluminum frame) in an nondescript leather IWB and regular belt and it carries well.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    ... look at the food blisters on guys inside a gun store next time you are in one.

Guys whining about 5 ounces of metal are packing an extra 40 to 50 lbs. around their middles.

"Oh, the 1911 is soooo heavy and hard to clean the donut icing off the stocks. I need something sweet."

:yesway: :):

Top Bottom