• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lostdutchman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Lawrence
    I picked this guy up yesterday in a deal of civil war items. I thought it was neat and wanted to share. This is my first civil war dated musket.

Enjoy!

musket1.jpg

musket2.jpg

musket3.jpg

musket4.jpg

musket5.jpg

musket6.jpg

musket7.jpg

musket8.jpg

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    More important than shooting it is to check to make sure it is not loaded.

A lot of the original rifles have been sitting loaded all these years. Some have been found to have multiple charges down the bore.

That is a cool piece of history you have there.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Wow...just wow! Neat piece of history....I'd shoot it, just to feel the connection to the soldier who shouldered it 140+ years ago!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In my humble opinion, all guns are meant to be shot because that's what they were designed to do. As long as they are sfe to do so. To each his own but I just can't imagine having only a wall hanger. It's just like a guy I saw at the one and only All Ford and Mustang show I entered my 88 ragtop in. This guy trailers in a Fox body coupe, rolls it out of the trailer and enters it in the unrestored catagory. The car looks exactly like they do when they leave the factory plastic on the seats ect. I take a look inside and the odometer read less than 10 miles. At the end of the show he collects his first place trophy and wheels it back into the trailer. Just doesn't seem like much fun to me. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. :dunno:

Lostdutchman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Lawrence
    I haven't ruled it out completely... If I do decide to shoot it I'm going to have a gunsmith look it over and make sure that it's safe to shoot and it's not going to hurt the rifle to shoot it... I might consider it then.

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    I haven't ruled it out completely... If I do decide to shoot it I'm going to have a gunsmith look it over and make sure that it's safe to shoot and it's not going to hurt the rifle to shoot it... I might consider it then.

SO, surprised no one has asked, but, what do you want for it? :)

Top Bottom