• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    As Brittney Spears is famous for saying…

“I’ll Fu#%!~<g cut you!”

IMG_5112.jpeg

No, no, no…. Less 2020’s Brittney and more 1990’s Brittney…

IMG_5114.jpeg

Oops; I did it again…

Stopped by a semi regular haunt and looked back on the goody rack and saw something by shiny.

Came home with a Pedersoli 1861 Springfield. In great shape, few little nicks and scratches but nothing horrible; especially for the price. I had gone into work early and left a bit early so I had time to run home and grab some powder and miniés and head to the range. It took a bit to figure out where it was hitting but proceeded to produce a few decent three shot groups at 50 yards. Hitting basically 6” high with a Lee bullet and 65fr of FFg. I’ll be honest, the sights aren’t the easiest to see with my aging eyes and after the first couple of attempts, I wasn’t super excited about it. Once I kinda figured it out, I realized it was doing pretty decent! Looking forward to taking it out again and maybe putting up a bigger hunk of cardboard to see where it’s hitting at 100 and if I can hopefully produce some respectable groups.

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5092.jpeg

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpegIMG_5096.jpeg

bold115uc

Plinker
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    Had the opportunity to shoot one of these a little while back. Was good fun. Those 50 groups are not too shabby for 65gr. Did you ever get it to do what you wanted at 100 yards?

Been on the market for one of these since. They are pretty hard to find new anywhere right now.

bold115uc

Plinker
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    well the 1861 thing makes it extra difficult! :-)
    Oh an original would be very nice as well, the Pedersoli is a modern Italian reproduction of the 1861 Springfield. The originals fetch a real high price in excellent condition and are even more difficult to find in excellent shape.

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I still haven't shot mine. Stocked up on Minnies 2 years ago and it still hasn't made it out to the front field as of yet.

I need to remedy that...

Slow Hand

Master
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Had the opportunity to shoot one of these a little while back. Was good fun. Those 50 groups are not too shabby for 65gr. Did you ever get it to do what you wanted at 100 yards?

Been on the market for one of these since. They are pretty hard to find new anywhere right now.
    I haven’t taken it back to the range since the first trips. My plan was to mark the elevation of the lowest sight blade and drill a small hole in the taller blade to use as a peep sight. Life got in the way and never got around to doing it…. This one and a few others are listed in the classifieds as of now. If it sells, the money will go towards other things. If not, it will make it back to the range eventually!

bold115uc

Plinker
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    Man, a guy hits a taco truck and makes a few margaritas and look what he misses…. Keeping the Mods on their toes by total accident!!
    A taco truck sounds pretty good right about now; I could go for some good steak tacos… and I definitely wouldn’t be passing up a few margaritas either. Sounds a lot better than what I ended up having.

Top Bottom