• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Anybody that has a .17 HMR rifle needs a Revolver in the same caliber to go with it. Wife bought me a Ruger Single Six, Stainless, 6-1/2" barrel .17 HMR last year and it's a great companion to my Savage 93R rifle. Grab the ammo can and shoot all day ! :yesway:

Jesco White

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    A heavy barreled savage is a great choice. It will out shoot the shooter. I've shoot a heavy barreled marlin that was in the same boat. Can't go wrong with either!

I have a Savage 93R17 with the bull barrel and a Bushnell 3-9 with the DOA. It's nasty accurate, and very fun to shoot. The Accu-Trigger is a great feature. Zero it in @ 100 yards and have fun.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I have a Marlin XT-17VR I bought at wally world pre-crisis. I got her in a boyds tacticool with one of the nicer Tasco varmint scopes (6-24x40). It has a very nice trigger and bull barrel. The original stock is synthetic and cheap. I guess that's why the gun only costs $199.00 + tax.

I also have a really expensive Savage .17 TRR-SR with a threaded fluted bull barrel. It has a very nice stock and is an amazing shooter.

I get a lot of crap from my friends for owning two .17's, but they shut up when they commandeer one of them at the range. They are both excellent guns with great triggers and disgusting accuracy. You can literally splatter flies that land on your target at 100 yards.

Both guns are outstanding! The marlin will, IMHO, require a stock from boyds to make it a keeper though.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    I enjoy shooting my mossberg 817 bolt action. I now have it with a 100 yd zero on my tasco scope. I love shooting the 17 though. Hope to try some 200 yd this year also.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Traded a guy on INGO a Rem 700 I got on the cheap for his Thumbhole Savage in .17hmr.... no regrets what-so-ever!

On a calm day its freakishly accurate!

Top Bottom