• ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Story sounds reasonable to me.

Do the cops at the door have a sand barrel for clearing the guns or do they just point them at the concrete floor or in the air when emptying the chamber

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would poop a clean brick if the NRA or somebody started putting on free classes for gun safety and orientation. It pisses me off that nobody wants to help people learn safety on a free basis...everything costs too dang much. Its silly to think that tacticool people spend a small fortune on a nice gun and cant afford the training, but maybe some free training would help.

I paid a whopping $5 each for my oldest son and I to take the Hunter Safety Course. It was very, very heavy in firearms safety.

Not only that, way back when, Uncle Sam paid ME to learn basic firearm safety. Such a deal!

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    That is an excellent idea...too bad the Liberturds would have a stroke if that were to happen! They would consider that "promoting violence". Remember our society has become a society of tolerant sheeple!!!

Ironically enough, even though the Libs keep pushing the "tolerant, non-violent society" the unintended consequence of this foolishness has been an INCREASE in violence in society. It has taken a couple of decades of increasing gun ownership and public carry to see the decrease in armed violence. But the increase in stupid sh- crap like fighting over parking spaces, fighting over some being disrespected etc. Go figure.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey, we're all just animals acting on instinct for our own survival with no greater moral purpose than to get mine and live my life. Get in my way, you're going to get run down.

....is the logical outworking of many popular world views

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    BC910...Thanks for clarifying. Welcome to INGO. We have more than our fair share of individuals on this forum, who never really consider both sides of a story..so do not let them get to you. Sounds like the officer might be a little nervous around firearms. Maybe this is the wrong place for him to work. I am quite certain that there are tense moments when firearms are mishandled...so try to see it from his perspective also. No doubt MANY among us carry deeply concealed at gun shows. We would not remove the firearm for ANY reason other than to defend life...
    I have known men who have carried and handled firearms for decades to have accidental discharges...should not happen, but it does.
    Be safe...use common sense...do not let the experts on INGO run you away.
    They are pretty good folks, overall.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Same kinda situation happened to me my first time attending. I didn't see a place to unload and I kept thinking there would be a unload area marked. I had figured there might be some confusion so I at least unchambered in my car. I got my ticket and went in thinking there might be some safe handling area but instantly confronted with a LEO asking to see my gun. I make slow and deliberate move to keep pointed down to the ground the whole time and take out my mag while pointed down, when I get yelled at why I'm loaded. I say " this is the first show I have been at and I didn't know I had to check a gun. I unchambered just incase". I never touch or unholster my gun in public because I find that more risky to have something happen.

He then asks why I'm loaded and I'm scared I'm going to be arrested for a misunderstanding and panicking. He says "this is how people get accidentally shot, take your ammo out of your magazine and you can come get it when you leave".

I appologize and leave the table with a band around my glock which now causes it to not click into my INCOG and moves around so I have to use my elbow to keep it in the holster and from falling.

Feeling dumb, confused, scared and uncomfortable all for being as safe as I knew how to given the unknown circumstances I go on to look around at the show and just went to get out of there ASAP.

So don't feel alone I at least understand where your coming from.

Top Bottom