• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I went to the 1500 today around noon. A little crowded, not bad. I didn't see any S&W M&P-15 piston models, which is what I was looking for. No Stag model 8 piston models, either. Maybe I just missed them, but the only piston AR I saw was a few Ruger SR-556 rifles.

Did see one table with an ATI 92 Centurion that I just ordered from CDNN for $299 brand new + $17 shipping. He wanted $429 for it. I know businesses have to make a profit, but I thought that was a bit much.

I did get an Urban E.R.T. 2 point sling for my AR, big +1 for those guys, best sling I've ever used! Also picked up 6 bags of BBQ wild boar sausage for $20, which was a good deal. All in all, a decent way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I'll probably continue to buy my guns either online or locally, and just hit the 1500 a couple of times a year for fun.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    What a day....

I went to the 1500 today for the first time in over a year. I had been told about the crowds and prices.... but thats part of it. I did find a Leave No Trace brass catcher for the AR. Its going to pay for itself in saved .458 SOCOM brass at the range! Great guys to deal with too. I also made it over to see Andrew at Profire cranking out the rounds on that Dillon. On the way out I couldn't resist the greman roasted nuts.... those things are like crack. Well at least the wife got something from the show too. I did see PMC .223 for $279 a case... not too bad.

chinook

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    March 1500

Attended on Friday evening, largest crowd for that day that I can remember. Picked up .223 Hornaday TAP FPD for $10 a box, velcro holsters for the gun safe door for $5, Lula loaders for $24, Magpul Ranger plates for $4 and a magnifying glass for my dad for $2. Thought hard about the XXL ammo cans for $20 and the Magpul Window mags for $14, but passed. Met the guys from Apache Tactical in Arcadia and tried to buy some swag at the INGO booth, but there was a line and I didn't get back in time before closing.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Sat this one out for all the mentioned reasons, crowds, prices, and the fact that you can get it all on-line cheaper and easier.
    The Jan. show was a real turn off, after parking and admission, to not be able to even look at the tables. So after that show I decided to sit this one out. I will more than likely go to the May or June show which ever month it is in this year. Usually when the weather is nice, the show is dead and you can look at everything and possibly get a deal.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Paid
    $30 apiece for 5 20 round mags to my LR-308.
    $70 for a BSA 4-16x40 illuminated scope and rings.
    $85 for a pair of fold down sights
    Plus got a signed copy of Michael Z Williamsons latest book.
    Only thing I'm steamed about is the $5 pops.

Plus came home w/more money than expected, that is always a good thing.

Will be trading my DPMS LR308 for Springfield Armory M1a in couple hours w/Historic Shirt guy.
    Can't be that deal.:yesway::rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom