1500 Aug. 28-30, 2015 What are you hoping to bring home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I was real please with this shows firearms Diversity.. They had something for everyone.. Can honestly say that there were at least 4 guns there that had very very reasonable prices, that I regret not getting... Where as the amount of surplus ammo was way down, there were several of the bulk ammo guys that had a lot of calibers covered at fair show prices..

Also there was a nice assortment of walk in guns...

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I saw a Kriss Vector and Tavor. Nice rifles but didn't want to pay the price. Saw few AKs. Before leaving I decided to stop at one place and ended up getting a complete AR lower. I decided to go for an AR/AK rifle and after much research here and online I'm leaning towards Mas Defense, SOTA, and Hardened Arms as my current choices (might order from Hardened Arms since they are running a special). Didn't find what I liked at the show. I might try some local LGS but I'm not sure they can beat the price and most only want cash for any discount.
    Overall, the 1500 was pretty good and relatively busy. One thing I did see that I didn't expect to see in a gun show...COMIC BOOKS!!

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I managed to sell my .36 to .38spl 1858 Remington conversion cylinder, picked up a set of action screws for my Mauser project, and saw some very interesting muzzle attachments that looked very much like a monocore for a suppressor.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Saw a lot of folks still asking stupid prices for .22lr. The same box you can now find pretty easily at Gander/Dicks/Cabela's for around $20 was about twice that at most tables. Saw some lower end pistols (Taurus, Rossi, ATI, etc.) at very good prices. Prices so low I almost bought them just to plink at the range.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I said hello to few guy's wearing INGO gear and they scattered like cocroches. What gives, don't want anyone to know your screen name? I picked up a new barrel, floating handgaurd for an upper I have been working on. A drop in Troy handgaurd for another. Stopped by Patriot Tactical for a new kydex holster for the Glock 26.

Adkins Firearms refused to give me a price on a Ruger 10/22. Kid behind the table said he can't tell me. It's against company policy to deal with vendors. I told him he is pretty stupid considering 40% of most of my sells are from other vendors. Overall I saw a lot of reasonable prices, people were spending money and supporting small businesses.

Lastly I renewed my INGO site supporter dues allowing me to say hello to fenway and churchmouse.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I went for a new scope and left with a new scope + a KKC 10/22 stock. There's so much more that tempted me though. Lucky for my wallet!

A somewhat crazy looking thing with features I was looking for (not mine, same style though):
    KKC.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ive got plenty sir.

Thanks to Alan for helping me get set up with my first scope. And for not laughing when I asked which end I'm supposed to look through.

20150831_184158_zpsk7zqmxj_edit_1441070184602_zps98egsupv.jpg

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Picked up a piece of AR500 plate from Bobcat, a media separator from ED Brass and 1k of processed 9mm brass for $30. Dillon XL650 sure looked pretty nice, but wished my buddy have pulled the trigger, oh well.

br9x

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Noblesville
    Picked up a Vortex Viper HS scope from Alan good price and even nicer guy. got me squared away with base and rings for my rifle aswell took the time to explain everything to me.
    There appeared to be some decent deals thruout the 1500 if you really looked for them other then the scope i went there for didntbring anything else home this time

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I bought some dies, a cold steel Espada, single point sling, dual mag pouch (molle) for my vest, shemagh, some other small things.
    Seemed great for my first time going.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I arrived on a tight budget but left with 2 boxes of 9mm federal 124 Grain HSTs for a great price. (should of bought 3) Really just went to kill some time and get my hands on a few sigs and a glock 43.

DWT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Indy 1500

Found some 7n6 and some yellow box Norinco 7.62 x 39mm. Missed out on two spam cans of 7.62 x 54R at $105 apiece. We left them for later...and then they were gone.

DWT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2015
    Brazil
    I also saw new Glocks in 40S&W for $359 apiece. We probably should have picked up a couple. It was a better 1500 because I went with a friend and my son came along.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I went really hoping to find a good deal, but nothing caught my eye or got me to jump. Only thing i bought was a set of custom earplugs from ShootersEars.

In hindsight, I probably should've jumped on the Glock 43 deal I saw. Just wasn't in the mood I guess.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I said hello to few guy's wearing INGO gear and they scattered like cocroches. What gives, don't want anyone to know your screen name? I picked up a new barrel, floating handgaurd for an upper I have been working on. A drop in Troy handgaurd for another. Stopped by Patriot Tactical for a new kydex holster for the Glock 26.

Adkins Firearms refused to give me a price on a Ruger 10/22. Kid behind the table said he can't tell me. It's against company policy to deal with vendors. I told him he is pretty stupid considering 40% of most of my sells are from other vendors. Overall I saw a lot of reasonable prices, people were spending money and supporting small businesses.

Lastly I renewed my INGO site supporter dues allowing me to say hello to fenway and churchmouse.

YES, I said something to two different people, wearing INGO hats, and they said NOTHING !!!!!

southpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I bought a little knife from Battle Horse Knives. Anyone know the name of the company selling the lockpicks? I was going to go get a set but forgot.

Top Bottom