• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    They don't seem to publicize what admission will cost. It's a pain.

If it hasn't changed since last fall, should be $10. Plus parking.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was thinking about making this a family outing but it may be just me, or maybe I will stay home & work :xmad:.

I really hate to drop $30-$50 to go in, especially if the family gets bored quickly.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Children 12 and under are free. Parking is $3. Entry is $10 unless you have a discount card that you get in the mail and then it's $9.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    I went last night. I paid $3.00 to park and admission was $10.00.

The family went to a birthday party last night. Took advantage of the opportunity.

I overheard one vendor say, that they would only take a max of $900 on a credit card. I don't know the reason.

Last edited:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, so they do charge for kids under 12 now? Oh, that's ridiculous. Most of them don't even want to be there.. hehehehe

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    I think that gunshow admission has got out of hand over the years. I dont know what the Fairgrounds charges,but I know the Dealers that set up have to pay $90 for each table.
    If you set up with 4 tables,(like I do at smaller shows) you have to sell alot of stuff to make any money to make it worth it. 4x90=360....then food and room if out of town and it gets expensive for the vendor.which makes it harder to give you that killer deal on your fav gun or acc. Then you pay 10 bucks to just look ,because you cant get that deal. I guess thats why the promoter of the 1500 is wealthy and we go away poorer..
    Dont get me wrong on this, I believe everyone needs to make a REASONABLE profit. But if the smaller Gunshow promoters can charge $5 and make a good profit and tables are 35-40 bucks for vendors,then I think the 1500 ought to be closer to $5-7 admission,with tables at $90. Thats why I dont set up at Indy...
    The best deals at Indy come from large volume dealers who move alot of ammo and some acc. Small gunshows are usually your best bet on deals although there may be fewer overall items. when people quit going to Indy because of the high admission then they will stop charging so much. But most people dont consider their driving time,gas,distance,food and beverage and everything when they go to these shows. Heck I drive darn near 50-60 miles and add everything up, it gets expensive just to look around. I only go to Indy show 1-2 times a year and stay closer to home for gunshows.
    Rant over...................

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    $35 including parking for my family of 5, not including fuel to get there. As much as I would like to go I think I am going to pass & go to some of the smaller local shows with free or low admission.

Top Bottom