• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    That is how long it took from my wife telling me I didn't look or act right to being in the ER a few days ago.
    -----
    Two weeks ago I was told I had a heart valve problem that needs -additional study and corrective surgery
    -----
    My signs were chest pain, neck & arm pain along with numbness in my left arm. My wife said I had a paniced look and was not acting normal. She grabbed her purse made me chew and swallow some baby asprin and she drove like a race car driver on the roads between our home and the hospitaL The grab and go took less than 45 seconds at our place.

The main thing for keeping me in the hospital was to get me in the front of the line for tests.

I passed all the tests and did not have a heart attack, the second echo, the stress test, T. E. E test, and blood tests all were good. They now know exactly what is wrong with my heart valve and its not a life changing deal. However, they said I should get it repaired when I am still "young" and can heal faster. I'm 46.

So if you get anything from this post, if you have chest and arm pains, don't hang around waiting for it to get worse...just go to the ER!

Open heart surgery is on the horizon, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

I also assume you have a fresh bottle of baby asprin to take if you have to make the run to the ER?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Thank God you're okay... a good friend of our family had a heart attack just after returning from a cruise and doing a lot of physical activity. She is okay now and on a strict diet but survived it like a champ. Prayers inbound!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Good luck to you. I've been dealing with an intermittent Atrial Fibrillation issue for more than ten years. While it's not life threatening, nothing makes you feel more helpless than when you're ticker isn't doing what it should. I get pale in the face, begin sweating profusely and am short of breath when it is occurring but as long as I get it back to normal within 48 hours I don't have to go on a blood thinner. So far, so good.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    YES THEY DO !!!! go to your favorite drug store and look at the "pocket vials" for nitro pills they should be the cats meow! been there,done that. good luck!
    :ingo:

Top Bottom