• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bold115uc

Plinker
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    Stumbled upon one of these 14th century black powder “hand cannons” the other week. Had not seen one before; it was not an original but a reproduction 75 cal piece. Anyone here have any experience with one of these or try one? I’m sure accuracy is completely out the window and am curious what recoil would be like from what is essentially a stick.

Tempted to make a purchase just for the experience. Thoughts??

Attachments

• 9146C6B9-E3FA-4440-AD9D-E49FA8250964.jpeg
      9146C6B9-E3FA-4440-AD9D-E49FA8250964.jpeg
      88.6 KB · Views: 23

bold115uc

Plinker
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    Looks like a trip to ER to me.

Sort of where my mind was at when I first saw it. Sort of hoping someone might talk me out of it lol. Although new toys are always fun.

Curiosity is a b***h though and usually gets the better of me. It’s sort of what drives me to do half of the wild stuff I’ve already done/tried. Lol don’t be surprised if I don’t have a range report posted by the end of the month.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Sort of where my mind was at when I first saw it. Sort of hoping someone might talk me out of it lol. Although new toys are always fun.

Curiosity is a b***h though and usually gets the better of me. It’s sort of what drives me to do half of the wild stuff I’ve already done/tried. Lol don’t be surprised if I don’t have a range report posted by the end of the month.
    You'll be fine. There is a site... where there are a number of guys who have hand gonnes and light them off...

bold115uc

Plinker
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    You'll be fine. There is a site... where there are a number of guys who have hand gonnes and light them off...
    I’ve investigated this site but have yet to join as I don’t own much muzzleloading stuff yet. I appreciate the suggestion and may end up goofing around over there some as well.

Top Bottom