• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    If Cabellas had offered me $40,000 for it I wouldn't have owned him long enough to pose for a pic

Folks, Meet 14-year-old Noble County hunter, Kyle Bolen, and his giant twenty point monster. It was taken while getting a drink in a pond.

dea8f689.jpg

Here is a picture took Sept 1st.

8f5d7a49.jpg

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    nothing he sees will ever be a shooter in his eyes after this buck. after saying this i would trade places in a heart beat

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    40,000 buys a lot off hunting licences and ammo and firearms not to mention
    that would pay down a lot of my bills lol. Id sell in a heart beat and try for better
    next season.:rockwoot:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    You guys usually take the first offer?

I used to work with a guy who took a new state record deer 2 years ago, he was offered 20k right away, then 30k a couple weeks later, then it was upped to 50k if he could get a picture published in a national magazine. He himself told me he already had a magazine lined up to take photos in the near future, but I didnt speak to him again after that.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I talked with Kyle and his parents several times over the past week. No one has contacted them other than me and another writer, and no offers have been made.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    I talked with Kyle and his parents several times over the past week. No one has contacted them other than me and another writer, and no offers have been made.

Iam guessing the "other writer" was from IndianaGame&Fish......o-man dont steal the guy's story!!!!!! :draw::draw::draw:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Greg, Kyle didn't remember who he talked to. He is so excited over it I can imagine it's all a blur. It could have been the Field and Stream blogger that had Kyle's photo in his blog. I can tell you that mom, dad, and Kyle all seem to be real salt of the earth people.
    I wrote my story for Indiana Outdoor News and it should be in the January issue. I also write for Indiana Game & Fish and they work six months out. (The deadline for my May article was the 5th of December.) So, unless IGF has a shorter lead time on other parts of the magazine, it won't be out until May or so. (Assuming someone else wrote the story for them.)
    In the mean time, I heard a story that the new state record buck may have just been harvested right here in Morgan County. But knowing how stories go, it might just be another rural legend...
    Another story is a buck was just hit by a vehicle near Silver Lake that has twelve inch drop tines and eighteen inch G2s... anybody got a lead on that one?

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Greg, Kyle didn't remember who he talked to. He is so excited over it I can imagine it's all a blur. It could have been the Field and Stream blogger that had Kyle's photo in his blog. I can tell you that mom, dad, and Kyle all seem to be real salt of the earth people.
    I wrote my story for Indiana Outdoor News and it should be in the January issue. I also write for Indiana Game & Fish and they work six months out. (The deadline for my May article was the 5th of December.) So, unless IGF has a shorter lead time on other parts of the magazine, it won't be out until May or so. (Assuming someone else wrote the story for them.)
    In the mean time, I heard a story that the new state record buck may have just been harvested right here in Morgan County. But knowing how stories go, it might just be another rural legend...
    Another story is a buck was just hit by a vehicle near Silver Lake that has twelve inch drop tines and eighteen inch G2s... anybody got a lead on that one?
    I hear ya.....I know where the picture I posted came from though...:twocents:

Top Bottom