• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I also know two people who survied close range blasts with a shotgun, both from violent attacks.

Ask Dick Cheneys friend about that.
    image.img.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ask Dick Cheneys friend about that.
    image.img.jpg
    That was mild, the ones who survived, I am talking about close range torso shots that were intentional. Bird shot does not kill like that. Yes it can kill, but often it does not. Not in a bet your life on it reliable manner.

That guy is a freakin' zombie.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Be advised that I am not recommending this,but being poor when young we found that empty plastic 12 ga hulls can be cut off the brass,sleeved around a 16 ga shell,thereby firing a 16 ga shell in a 12 ga.This would only work in a single shot or double.These were standard velocity rounds of course...Let me say also that many people do not realize how far a full choke shotgun can be effective using large shot!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    That was mild, the ones who survived, I am talking about close range torso shots that were intentional. Bird shot does not kill like that. Yes it can kill, but often it does not. Not in a bet your life on it reliable manner.

That guy is a freakin' zombie.

In a combat situation a wounded combatant is more of a liability to your enemy than a dead one.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Even when I quail hunt, I have slugs with me.

Years ago when that sniper was killing hunters, it made you look at your bird gun and say "I am in the woods with bird shot and he has a center fire rifle. Fail." Of course A glock is on me too but again, handgun vs rifle, fail.

If I am using birdshot in combat, my tactics are F'd up and it will be a contact shot or a shot to face or hip.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Even when I quail hunt, I have slugs with me.

Years ago when that sniper was killing hunters, it made you look at your bird gun and say "I am in the woods with bird shot and he has a center fire rifle. Fail." Of course A glock is on me too but again, handgun vs rifle, fail.

If I am using birdshot in combat, my tactics are F'd up and it will be a contact shot or a shot to face or hip.

#7s to the face at 30 yards would give someone a real problem...

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    #7s to the face at 30 yards would give someone a real problem...

A nasty bruise and small scabs like the picture above?

Why would you use something meant for birds/squirrel/rabbits on a 200lb animal? :rolleyes:

The beauty of a shotgun is its versatility within 200 yards it has almost all your bases covered maybe not as well other choices but nothing else is a jack of all trades like a shotgun. Large game/small game(land or air)/self defense. Your .308 may drop a deer but lets see you pick off a flying bird with it or shoot a rabbit/squirrel without blowing it apart.

Downsides is weight of ammo and magazine capacity is limiting. Id recommend everyone at least have something like a maverick 88 and an assortment of ammo.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    A nasty bruise and small scabs like the picture above?

Why would you use something meant for birds/squirrel/rabbits on a 200lb animal? :rolleyes:

The beauty of a shotgun is its versatility within 200 yards it has almost all your bases covered maybe not as well other choices but nothing else is a jack of all trades like a shotgun. Large game/small game(land or air)/self defense. Your .308 may drop a deer but lets see you pick off a flying bird with it or shoot a rabbit/squirrel without blowing it apart.

Downsides is weight of ammo and magazine capacity is limiting. Id recommend everyone at least have something like a maverick 88 and an assortment of ammo.

No doubt....no one in their right mind would recommend birdshot as a self defense round.But in a heavily wooded area,leaves on ect.? A shotgun is an effective tool!

Top Bottom