• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Pawn shop hunting for cheap, usually unfired, shotguns. Some could be very used, but for a first gun: Price should be around $125-150. New is more.

Wally Mart has good pricing(my Moss 500 was $249.00, but prices are up to $267.00 last time I looked) most sold with a 28 in barrel. (ebay has shorter barrels all the time, got a 18 1/2 in for $90.00 shipped new in the wrapper for my Mossberg 500) They have Remingtons, and Maverick 88s(moss 500 clone, except safety) The Rem 870 were around $300.00, Mav 88s around $200.00.
    I also have a Partner Pump( NEF) pump 12 ga. Good Shotgun! Rem 870 clone. They were cheaper as well. Some people like a 20ga, for Home Defense(HD) They work.

You can legally shorten a barrel to 18 in, I add a 1/2 in for sure. Ribbed barrels can be cut, need to catch the last rib... then add a sight- bead or even a night sight. Find a machinist with a chop saw, and it now is a 3 minute job. Buy some cold bluing, Qtip, done. Nice to have 2 barrels!
    Note: If you cut your "choked" barrel, it loses that feature. My short guns usually shoot 00 Buck, or Slugs(deer hunting), so not concerned with choke sizing. My bird guns do use the chokes, so just a heads up.
    Get a couple shotguns, you need some variety. Good luck.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom