• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I maybe missing something here guys, and if I am... my apologies but, I have a few 10mm 1911's. My Kimber is my favorite, You can get a Colt Delta, and I am sure there are others too... I know the Colt can get pricey but, I scored a minty used Kimber 10mm for about 800 just 6 months ago. Have these gotten harder to find?? Maybe a jump in price from the 7-800 you say this one will be? Since I have 3 10mm I have not looked at these for about a half year but, if things are still the same, this news isnt to exciting.

The other thing is... I can not find ammo for under 40.00 a box of 50. I am now reloading but, even casing for a 10 are totally ridiculous.

Anyway, just some thoughts...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I maybe missing something here guys, and if I am... my apologies but, I have a few 10mm 1911's. My Kimber is my favorite, You can get a Colt Delta, and I am sure there are others too... I know the Colt can get pricey but, I scored a minty used Kimber 10mm for about 800 just 6 months ago. Have these gotten harder to find?? Maybe a jump in price from the 7-800 you say this one will be? Since I have 3 10mm I have not looked at these for about a half year but, if things are still the same, this news isnt to exciting.

The other thing is... I can not find ammo for under 40.00 a box of 50. I am now reloading but, even casing for a 10 are totally ridiculous.

Anyway, just some thoughts...

I have the Colt DE, as well as a bunch of other 10mms. I'm just excited that another major manufacturer is making a stock 10mm.

I've not bought commercial ammo other than my carry ammo for years. In bulk the brass isn't any more expensive than .45acp and the reloading costs are exactly the same as loading for .40s&w.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Best I've gotten in the last year was $17/box and that was a couple older boxes on a shelf of a gunshop. $20-22/box is typical. Hence why I only shoot it to cycle out my carry ammo every month or two.

Andrew at Profire Arms has 50rd boxes of 180gr 10mm JHP for 29.99. As of this afternoon he had 3 boxes left.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have the Colt DE, as well as a bunch of other 10mms. I'm just excited that another major manufacturer is making a stock 10mm.

I've not bought commercial ammo other than my carry ammo for years. In bulk the brass isn't any more expensive than .45acp and the reloading costs are exactly the same as loading for .40s&w.

Hey my man, let me know if you come across anyone selling once shot 10mm brass... I have not been able to find it at 45acp brass prices.... would be nice though:)

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    why the love for silvertips?

and honestly I would probably buy this decades before I bought a kimber or a delta. This a vbob, and an STI perfect 10 are on my radar.... just need all the money.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Looks nice

GUN-51918_A.jpg

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While Winchester Silvertips are not the hottest load out there, for me at least, they have been the most consistent and reliable 10mm round I've shot. They feed and function well, seem to be fairly accurate and have plenty of energy. :twocents:

10mm Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

Dont forget the way they open up in media! I dont shoot the 10mm, but I know the 185gr 45 ACP silvertips look like an exotic flower when I recover them...

Top Bottom