• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    what options are out there? I was looking at a Colt Delta Elite but its a little rich in price for me. I know of the Glocks particularly the 20 but im not sure if Im ready to warm up to Glocks just yet (I have my minute reasons) Just wanting to see what else is out there.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    what options are out there? I was looking at a Colt Delta Elite but its a little rich in price for me. I know of the Glocks particularly the 20 but im not sure if Im ready to warm up to Glocks just yet (I have my minute reasons) Just wanting to see what else is out there.

check the threads from past 3 days. There is a thread on this very subject.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

One of the best 10mm deals going is the EAA Witness 10mm. The Witness line is based on the CZ75 pattern and is a heavy steel pistol, which is exactly what you want with a full-house 10mm round.

Full Size Standard:
    European American Armory 12 + 1 Round Compact 10MM w/Steel F $433.00 SHIPS FREE

Full Size Competition:
    European American Armory 15 + 1 Round Two Tone 10MM w/Fully $573.00 SHIPS FREE

Compact
    EAA WITNESS P CARRY 10MM 10RD WONDER $501.00 SHIPS FREE

The links to Bud's is for reference only... You can buy an EAA Witness from most any dealer.

Last edited:

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    The witness models are excellent weapons and a more "traditional" model than the polymer framed safe action glocks. Not sure if they still do but S&W was making a full size 10mm as well.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have 2 glock 20's and a 29SF. they are great shooting guns. But man does that 29sf kick with full power loads. There are also a decent amount of old smith and wesson semi-auto's out there. There are some 10mm revolvers also. Cheapest 10mm route is glock 20.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have 2 glock 20's and a 29SF. they are great shooting guns. But man does that 29sf kick with full power loads. There are also a decent amount of old smith and wesson semi-auto's out there. There are some 10mm revolvers also. Cheapest 10mm route is glock 20.
    whats SF mean? I dont know much on glock lingo

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    heard those witnesses like to blow up though. thanks for the link to the other thread

Nah, no blowing up. Just a lot of reports of cracked frames and cracked slides. :): Good luck dealing with EAA afterwards. The single-smith was beyond worthless.

Ex- EAA 10mm Full size steel wonderfinish Witness owner. I'll never own another though folks who buy the Elite and Match tend to have good luck. Never again for me though.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    Don't for get the smith and wesson 610, it's a great gun. I also have a glock 20 and a delta elite form the early 90's, both also good guns.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    You could always try to fing a 3rd generation S&W (Model 1006 I believe). These are a little harder to come by but the 3rd Generations are good guns. I have a 40 cal (model 411) That Ive had for 14 years and its still going strong. The triggers on these guns could be better but they are solid pistols. You may be able to find some police trade ins. I am also in the market for a 10mm. I dont really want to go the Glock route because I am a XD shooter but options are limited unless you have a huge amount of money to burn.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    I have a G20 I just picked up a couple of months ago, I put a SS guide rod, uncaptured spring and Dawson night sights in it. It is my first Glock and so far I'm liking it, the main reason I bought it was it was it's the cheapest way to get a 10mm that I know of. If you want the "BEST" 10mm available these days, at least in my opinion check out a STI perfect 10. The only thing I didn't like about the STI is you can buy four Glocks for the price of one STI :n00b:

The STI Perfect 10 « STI INTERNATIONAL

Top Bottom