• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    Anyone use them in a Glock 20 that can provide functionality/failure info it would be appreciated. If I have to take a shot at someone, inside my apt., I don't want any rounds punching holes through the drywall to the adjacent apt.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Glasers of all calibers will reduce your ricochets and penetration of hard items like drywall. Living in an apartment i would use either these or one of the other types of frangible ammo available. I applaud you for thinking this way (rep inbound and all).

Glasers are reliable rounds and i haven't had trouble feeding them before nor any of the other frangible ammo types. They are good killers too unless your man wears armor or hides behind a wall or s in a car behind windows. So if this is for nightstand, they're great. If you carry them then I am not as sure they are the thing. I would also rethink a handgun in an apartment ion general. Not sure what I'd use in one as it has been a long time since I stopped renting and bought a house. Maybe a .410 pump? Anyway, that's up to you.

Glasers work well for what you want them to do and feed reliably in MOST guns. In the end you gotta buy enough to try them and see if your gun likes them.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    To have your cake+eat it too???

Grunt, you are asking for a lot.. A Glock 20 (In 10MM) is NOT known as a NON-Penetrator!!

That is part of the reason the FBI nixed it as their carry caliber, in favor of the .40 S&W.

A compromise may be a Glaser SS in the pipe, with Hydra-Shoks in the mag.

FWIW: I do have a Lone Wolf .40 S&W barrel (Mostly to shoot lead) for my G-20, and it does well with the factory 10MM mags. If you went this way, you could have .40 S&W for your home, and then bring back the 10MM barrel for the range/hunting?? Just a thought..Bill.

Top Bottom