• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I might just have to sell off a few ak kits and drink the cool-aide. hard to fight with anything that runs that well.
    thanks for the video

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I might just have to sell off a few ak kits and drink the cool-aide. hard to fight with anything that runs that well.
    thanks for the video

I gave up an HK P30 for a Glock 19. Not that the HK didn't run that well. More because I can actually borrow Glock parts from just about anyone at just about any range/class. I needed a new slide catch, and someone on this board was kind enough to mail me one free....

*Which is installed and works flawlessly btw.... Thanks White_Wolfe"

HK Parts are all expensive, and hard to come by without ordering them online or directly from HK.

tomesmalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Ive put thousands of rounds thru my G23 and never a failure. I love this test. This shows why i will always own a Glock

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I think the only problem you will ever run into with polymer is time. In their first twenty years of life, barring extended outdoor abuse, they should be rock solid.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    No, no rust, definitely a big positive if you carry it everywhere, including on rainy days. However, there won't be many polymer equivalents to the c96 or P08 in 70+years in firing order either without new reproduction frames :) The big problem with polymers is the same thing that makes them great. They break down over time, particularly with exposure to sun and heat. Once they start going, they just go (polymers, not glocks or other polymer guns in particular). Also over time the actual polymers will degrade on their own anyhow, which means they are recyclable.

But you also have the added benefit of lighter weight, lower manufacturing costs (for all those nice ergonomic curves that shoot so well) and resistance to rust and many forms of corrosion. Plus for lefties like myself, there is added hope for lefty particular models as the tooling costs are less prohibitive when compared to traditional machining.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    :draw:Colt 1911 could do the test. Okay, I am being sarcastic but I do think the polymers have a definite edge in long term reliability as I would trust my life to the XD and Glock before almost any other pistol made. I love watching these tests to see the brutal tests people put their guns through so I don't have to:D

bblicharski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    doesnt surprise me, thats what glock is all about. I saw a test online where some fellow, froze his glock, put it into sand, took a few shots at it with a .22, droped it out of an airplane, off a two story roof, all sorts of nasty stuff and it kept going. Good stuff

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    doesnt surprise me, thats what glock is all about. I saw a test online where some fellow, froze his glock, put it into sand, took a few shots at it with a .22, droped it out of an airplane, off a two story roof, all sorts of nasty stuff and it kept going. Good stuff

I have also seen a friend buy a glock from a pawn shop where it sat in a window for almost a year and within 6 months after he bought it the frame started cracking :-/ However he said it was actually pretty cheap to get it replaced so not all bad. Other then that he loved it. :)

I don't own any polymer guns any more, but I have been thinking about a calico, just for the novelty for a little while. I have really wanted to check those magazines out.

Top Bottom