• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I keep seeing about using the money towards bills, loans etc. This money is money I have worked for under my parents, and its "gun money" as my dad calls it. I will go over to their house every few days to fix something do a favor etc. Every time I do something big (pain the whole house) he will give me a credit. I have been doing this since the day I moved out, such as his dad did with him when he moved out. My dad cannot handle firearms anymore due to having a stroke. So he turned the page and made it into "gun money". So I cannot use this towards bills or anything like that. Only bills I have are all cycling bills, electric, gas, water etc etc. No credit cards, no car loans, student loans well... yea I'm still in college.

i like all the advice everyone has given, I see a lot of shotguns, I'm just not a shotgun fan. Should I own one for the house, sure, but I'm comfortable with my pistol for now. This is more of a pride and joy purchase the "FINALLY!" purchase.

BTW does anyone know who has a good selection of Sig's in stock? PSS usually has 1 or 2 that I have ever seen.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Are you out of debt?

If inflation hits debt will look small and ease. If financial meltdown hits then debt is meaningless. If gun values increase what ever you own will increase in value and combined with inflation may skyrocket. Any one remember the Clinton years? GO WITH THE AR! :twocents::ingo::patriot::rockwoot::ar15:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I kinda like the idea of having different firearms for different purposes. SR9, in your case, for carry - 10/22 for plinking and fun - AK for a battle rifle..

Unless you've set up your 10/22 or AK for it already, what about a long-range rifle? Shotgun?

I just like variety, I guess ;)

thats my thinking ^^ I'd say go for something along the lines of an savage 308 or 30-06 with accutrigger and nice scope, then pick youself up a pump shotgun to set up for home defense and tacticool points. Just a thought anyways. :twocents:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The 1500 would have been a good opportunity to see who had what in stock. If you want something hard to find and you might have to order it. The Sig custom shop has some amazing pistols as well.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    welp since your not a big fan of shotguns hows about some sort of long range rifle since you have close range and medium range covered? maybe a remington 700 in .308 with some decent glass? or build you a nice AR:rockwoot:

Im kinda in the same boat as you but Im gonna buy 2 guns and only have a $1k budget it started by my wife saying next month I could buy me a gun but only had a $600 budget{yeah my wife locks my wallet:dunno:} but then she said she wanted a new pistol as well but said we cant go over $1k but I have a few firearms to trade in so I should be able to get a couple real nice pistols Im thinking a nice kel tec 380 for her:): and a springfield 1911 for me:draw:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Guns
    Ammo
    Training
    Licensing (Indiana LCH or Florida or Utah)
    Club Membership
    Tactical equipment (INGO-embroidered)
    Mean Dog (or nasty Sugar Glider)

Those are the areas to think about. If you have not trained, think about setting some of the money aside for it.

Agree. Training. If I had a thousand I didn't need to save for necessities, I think that's where I'd put at least part of it.

...I hate bills!:):

Hey now! ;)

...So I cannot use this towards bills or anything like that...
    This is more of a pride and joy purchase the "FINALLY!" purchase...

OK, yeah, if it has to be on a firearm, rather than training in how to use it, how about a Garand from the CMP? An Appleseed shoot and a membership in RWVA are your tickets to the CMP store in Camp Perry as well as your training in how to use what you buy effectively.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If inflation hits debt will look small and ease. If financial meltdown hits then debt is meaningless.

If inflation hits, chances are you won't get a raise to compensate, and you'll be spending all your money on food and bills, and you won't be able to pay the debt.

I would still put the $1000 in the bank for a rainy day. If dad insists that you buy gun(s) with it, then tell him you'd rather have an "emergency fund" so if something come up (something ALWAYS comes up, it is the nature of life) you don't need to use the credit card.

It's a good habit to start in college.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    You've got a side arm, you've got a plinker, you've got a close-in rifle. What you need is a long range rifle or a shotgun.

Look into a varminter AR-15 or a good hunting shotgun. Either of those would complete your collection nicely. :)

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Training. Once you take a good class from a good instructor, you'll wonder why you waited so long. I know I did. Then you'll probably want to spend it all on more training :D

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If I had a grand to spend, I'd definitely be acquiring a Saiga 12ga & as many mags/drums as I could get.

• It will increase in value during a ban.
    • It's one helluva SHTF defensive weapon. (20rd drum, shot-slug-shot-slug-shot-slug-shot-slug...)
    • It's a great home defense tool.
    That's just me though... If you don't like shotguns, get a good .308 bolt-action and a scope.

Or, as others have stated, get some training or a Utah permit.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Any thoughts on putting that $1000 into yourself. Training they can't take away from you, and applies regardless of what hardware you happen to have.

Alright, so I have magically somehow scrounged up $1000. I currently own a 10/22 that I love, Ruger SR9 with all holsters and comfortable with the amount of ammo I have for it. AK47 with enough ammo to be comfortable.

I am currently on the line trying to figure out where to go from here. I like my Ruger, but I miss my Sig P220. So I am on the line trying to figure out to either go for a Sig again either 220/226/229 OR go for an AR. So, this is where you all come in. What would you do if you were in my situation?:dunno:

Anyone have a clue who keeps a decent selection of Sig's in stock? PSS seems to only have 1 or 2 in stock usually.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom