• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Alright, so I have magically somehow scrounged up $1000. I currently own a 10/22 that I love, Ruger SR9 with all holsters and comfortable with the amount of ammo I have for it. AK47 with enough ammo to be comfortable.

I am currently on the line trying to figure out where to go from here. I like my Ruger, but I miss my Sig P220. So I am on the line trying to figure out to either go for a Sig again either 220/226/229 OR go for an AR. So, this is where you all come in. What would you do if you were in my situation?:dunno:

Anyone have a clue who keeps a decent selection of Sig's in stock? PSS seems to only have 1 or 2 in stock usually.

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    in your situation? personally, an AR. because they are fun, easy to shoot and dog gone it, people like them!

or a GLOCK!

bwahhahahaha!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guns are just tools.

Threshold question: what do you want to do? (go hunting, plink cans, protect myself on the street or at home, inter alia)

Answer that question first, then you'll have your answer.:)

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I kinda like the idea of having different firearms for different purposes. SR9, in your case, for carry - 10/22 for plinking and fun - AK for a battle rifle..

Unless you've set up your 10/22 or AK for it already, what about a long-range rifle? Shotgun?

I just like variety, I guess ;)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guns
    Ammo
    Training
    Licensing (Indiana LCH or Florida or Utah)
    Club Membership
    Tactical equipment (INGO-embroidered)
    Mean Dog (or nasty Sugar Glider)

Those are the areas to think about. If you have not trained, think about setting some of the money aside for it.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I vote for the Sig. The ar is close but the prices will come down on those.

The Sig will give you something else to carry if you want to change something up.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I think I would go with the Sig right now, wait on the AR. My personal choice in a Sig would be a 228 or 229. I have the 228 and love it. Thinking about picking up a 229 with both the .40 and .357sig barrels.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am currently trying to not put myself in debt for a Sig P220 stainless elite. SAO. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Chrome Lorcin. That way you have a drop gun. Try to buy it in a bar or alley those are the best. Then you never ever touch it without gloves on. And now you still have $950 left to take us to a strip club. See how easy that was.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I have a Sig 229 in .40 caliber and love it. I had a chance to handle a P250 recently and I think you might want to take a look at one of those before you decide. Other than that, wait for an interesting bargain on INGO.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    seems you have most everything covered already...maybe a nice shotgun?

I wouldnt know how to act if I had a grand to "blow" on a new gun...I hate bills!:):

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Are you out of debt?

+1

$1000.

You already have a 10/22, SR9, and AK style... the next thing would be to...

If you don't already have any cash in the bank... Put it in the bank, and start paying off your credit cards.

Then your car and student loans, or whatever loans you have...

When all that is done then you can start to save for the gun you want, by that time you'll have figured out what you want.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Looks like you've got a good basic assortment of handguns. I'd go for the AR.

Actually, I'd get an AK and a shotgun, and have a good fighting/survival/fun gun combo.

Edit: I missed you already have an AK. Then I'd get the shotgun, and a boatload of reloading components.

Top Bottom