• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    So, I'm busy unpacking moving boxes this week from the move home to Indiana and its been nearly 14 years since I lived here. I know about the range run down by Atterbury but I'm looking for something closer than 54 miles one-way from my house in Brownsburg to load development and Highpower Rifle practice. I'm also familiar with the Marion County F&G CLub but they don't allow Centerfire rifles according to their website.

If anyone knows of a good gunclub on the North-side on Indianapolis (East or West) which offers a decent centerfire rifle range, please send me a note at bmdrake71@gmail.com or reply back on this post.

THanks,

Bruce Drake
    Major, US Army (Ret.)
    Brownsburg, IN

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Also in Brownsburg. Wish there was somewhere closer. However I travel to Beech grove range. Its indoor but very well ventilated.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It's a really long and sad story but Brownsburg used to have a 100 and 200 yard range... now they just have a shotgun range.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I live just north of B-burg. There is the Boone County Conservation League in Lebanon. No caliber restriction, but they have a 1 shot/5 second rule. If you're just looking to develop loads, this might work. There is a also range in Crawfordsville. I belong to Wildcat Valley in Brookston. It's an hour drive, but the ranges are awesome.

ol' poke

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Glad to have you here, THANKS for your service.

The Linden conservation Club is 41 mile from Brownsburg, I am a member - great club good (outdoor) ranges - 100 Yd max. $75 a year for family membership. Good people, lots of High power shot as well as 3 or four handgun ranges. I shoot .308, 30-06, several other foreign high power military rifles. Several shotgun activities - Skeet and Clay if your into that. Even have air gun indoor range.
    Linden Conservation Club - Romney, IN

Looking at Mapquest, looks like it would be a decent drive. Hope you join - like to meet you there sometime!

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    Larry,

That's a great post and 40 miles is better than 54! I hope to meet you there soon as well. Once I tear through the last of these moving boxes, I'll schedule a few hours to drive out there and back to check it out. It seems like there might be a few more on this forum who are looking for a range on the West Side as well.

Again, thanks for the information. The club looks like a great option.

Bruce

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Fall Creek Valley C.C.---just south of Anderson-------10,25,50,100 yd rifle and pistol range---covered firing line-----some Saturdays,and ALL Sundays have registered matches "Trap(5 lighted fields,for Tue. evening fun shoots))---High Power----Black Powder--Small Bore(.22),etc

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Crawfordsville Gun Club
    3225 State Road 47 North
    Crawfordsville, IN 47933

About 30 miles from Brownsburg. Wide 100 yd bay with some covered table positions and a separate shorter .22/pistol cal. only bay.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Check out proteq.us
    Is a range that an ol timer runs out in Brazil. Some co-workers went last weekend and had a blast. $20 bucks a year, come and go as you please.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    "Check out proteq.us
    Is a range that an ol timer runs out in Brazil."

HA HA HA HA HA I just looked in the mirror. My GOSH what happened to that young daring handsome chap I once was..............

I know it was a long life of conflict and survival, but I'm still on the green side.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    "Check out proteq.us
    Is a range that an ol timer runs out in Brazil."

HA HA HA HA HA I just looked in the mirror. My GOSH what happened to that young daring handsome chap I once was..............

I know it was a long life of conflict and survival, but I'm still on the green side.

Ha.. don't take that the wrong way. They just said you where (are) just a cool, down to earth older guy that runs the place. I cant wait to come out and make some noise.

Aslo heard there my be a secret range out their........but we'll keep that on downnlow.

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    So I'm reading the rules to the range in Brazil and I'm curious about reloaders. Are we are allowed to keep our own brass or is it expected that all brass that lands on the ground go into the buckets and become property of the range? I shoot a lot of rare calibers or calibers that I have built from other cartridges as well and I won't shoot at a range that won't allow me to keep my own brass.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hello BMDRAKE71. Here is the answer straight from the horses............

If a shooter is a re-loader (or has a close friends that reloads for them) then by all means I want them take their brass (every piece of it). If the shooter is NOT a re-loader (which is the case for half or more of all shooters here) than I ask them to please leave the brass in the properly marked buckets.

I reload, I sell the sorted/cleaned brass to other re-loaders ($4 to $6 per pound), and I recycle the scrap brass. My fees charged for use of ProTEQ property, assets, and supplies provided is exceedingly low, so I feel well justified in supplementing the Range income by utilizing the Brass. Less brass is being left now and some has been stolen out of the buckets. I understand the "less left" situation because of our economic problems and supply shortage. I don't accept or tolerate thieves. Over the years very few items have have been stolen from the property. Those persons who have been caught in the act of thievery were arrested, incarcerated, prosecuted, and sentenced. I don't play nice when a light push becomes a heavy shove. That's why I have survived to be this "Ole timer".

Come on out and shoot B...Drake.. we will get along just fine and you can take your brass.

mrproc1. there is a another valley with other ranges (Lemon Valley). Go look at the website and read about them...proteq.us

May be I can hobble out on my cane and meet you.....HA HA HA HA.

Medic529

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    The Westside
    Crawfordsville Gun Club
    3225 State Road 47 North
    Crawfordsville, IN 47933

About 30 miles from Brownsburg. Wide 100 yd bay with some covered table positions and a separate shorter .22/pistol cal. only bay.

I feel like I should know living in Montgomery County, but where does one find information on the club? My wife and I are always in search of a nice place to shoot. Sounds like they have good capabilities to dial in scopes as well? Any help much appreciated.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Medic, that range is fairly small. I've only been a handful of times and usually I'm able to shoot. I was out there a few weeks ago (before it got cold) and was able to dial in an AR and an old Savage before we had to head out. Take bags and targets with you along with anything else you may need.

If it was closer I would visit more often.

Top Bottom