100 people per day are killed by........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Automobiles. In the United States, roughly 100-120 people PER DAY die in automobile accidents. Why aren't the liberal media spreading the news and trying to get them banned? They get all indignant when someone goes on a shooting spree once in a while, but don't seem to give a darn about hundreds of people being killed EVERY DAY by cars....

Fatal Car Accident, Crash Statistics: Stats Auto, Traffic, Car, Collision, Traffic

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    of course not, everyone just about drives, where not everyone exercises the freedom to carry. They would be voted out even just joking about taking cars away. Although, it is funny that a car kills more people then something designed to kill people. Makes you wonder

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I would conclude that the average gun owner is more responsible than the average driver, and that generally speaking, guns are safer than cars.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I would say that at any given day anyone in the USA that drives uses a car unlawfully, be it not using a turn signal or merely keeping up with traffic on the interstate...etc.

More than people being unlawful with weapons....eh

What'a ya gonna do. :dunno:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Of course, I understand your frustration.
    But this old argument is not going to convince anyone of anything.

Why are you trying to use logic anyway?

You've got to understand gun grabbers?
    - they do not care whether or not there is less crime where there is more legal gun ownership.
    - they do not care if it can be shown that guns have prevented deaths, rapes, robberies.
    - they do not care if there is still gun violence where guns are banned.
    - they do not care if there are statistically few gun related deaths.
    - they do not care what the Constitution of the United States says.

Many of these people want to do away with the Constitution all together. Getting your guns is more about changing the political system than anything else. They fully intend to change America. And when it's changed, they WILL confiscate your weapon. It's just going to make that easier if they turn people against gun ownership and limit the number of guns out there right now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    of course not, everyone just about drives, where not everyone exercises the freedom to carry. They would be voted out even just joking about taking cars away. Although, it is funny that a car kills more people then something designed to kill people. Makes you wonder

Again, it is not the car but most often the operator or an operator in the vicinity..............cars are just machines just like guns. It is the idiots operating them that cause the mayhem.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And 500 PER DAY, nearly 200K/year die from preventable medical errors. I say we ban doctors, nurses, and pharmacists. Oh, wait, Obama Care will take care of that.

People will say, guns and cars are not the same. One is a constitutionally guaranteed right, the other is a state licensed privilege. I would argue that if a constitutional right to privacy exists, under the 9th Amendment, that a right of freedom to travel as one see fit should also be included. Driving, being the predominant mode of transportation should be a right. But I'm no constitutional scholar, what do I know.

All freedoms that we enjoy contain a level of risk. Having a swimming pool in your back yard increases the risk of you or a family member drowning. Government could greatly reduce drowning deaths if private pools were banned. We could reduce traffic fatalities to almost zero if we were all required to wear Hans devices, crash helmets, and five point harnesses. Or if every car sold was limited to 20MPH. These things COULD be done. They are not done because we accept the trade off of a small amount of risk for the convenience, enjoyment, and economic benefit that they provide.

For any number of reasons, the risk associated with firearms cannot be reduced to zero. I view our job as responsible gun owners to show those around us, that are not gun nuts, that the benefits of gun ownership greatly outweigh the risk. Then, even if they do not become a fellow gun owner, they are at least educated as to the risk/reward of gun ownership. Then when they hear some weenie like Bloomberg spewing anit-gun BS, they recognize it for what it is.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Again, it is not the car but most often the operator or an operator in the vicinity..............cars are just machines just like guns. It is the idiots operating them that cause the mayhem.

Agree, we should work on banning idiots. save a lot of time on all the rest of the laws.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Agree but that is a tough one to sell....lots of those folks out there these days. Shop at wal-Mart a few times and get back with me........;)

Oh, i have, and there are some scary times, or just go to people of walmart .com horrible. Darwin was killed off due to medical advances, and warning labels.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's because cars are a mode of transportation, which in the eye of Liberals makes it ok. You put your life in the hands of others every day you get behind the wheel. A car is a far more dangerous weapon than a gun is, plain and simple. Some people will always hate what they do not understand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Add to this equation that our vehicles are so comfortable, safe and easy to drive now. DVD players, booming sound systems, texting, so on and so forth. We have become complacent behind the wheel. Many have their business set up to run from the car. I know folks like this.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Automobiles. In the United States, roughly 100-120 people PER DAY die in automobile accidents........

The statistics don't state accidents, merely crashes.

Crashes may be accidental; but also negligent, reckless, knowingly, or intentional.

Top Bottom