• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Someone told me, although I'm not sure how true this is, that there is a law in canada that if you file a damages lawsuit and lose you have to pay the amount you were asking for to the defendant. Definitely would make anyone think twice before
    asking for some ridiculous sum in a frivolous lawsuit

I "Heard" that the looser pays all the costs. Legal, court, etc.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Its all bulls**t! Two years later and now a lawsuit. When the columbine shootings happened lawsuits were filed within a week. My two cents...nobody died there. Do some of your own research and youll see the school was not used since 2008 amongst a assload of other interesting facts which im sure most of you are aware of. Would post links but I dont think its necessary as all the info thats out there doesnt add up to the official story!
    fry-meme-trolling-or-stupid.jpg

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Its all bulls**t! Two years later and now a lawsuit. When the columbine shootings happened lawsuits were filed within a week. My two cents...nobody died there. Do some of your own research and youll see the school was not used since 2008 amongst a assload of other interesting facts which im sure most of you are aware of. Would post links but I dont think its necessary as all the info thats out there doesnt add up to the official story!
    Dude, let me get a hit off whatever it is you are smoking.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, tv time for somebody.

I'll go with what the lawyers here are saying, no money in so it's probably bloomboy paying for some media time. Those guys doing the filing probably aren't working for free and they will take his money as quick as anybody's.

habitatguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2014
    Martinsville
    Attention seeking only as this has been hashed out in court so many times. Agree with previous posters that somebody big is backing this just for the free press.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Stll waiting on the lawsuits against automobile and semi-truck manufacturers for non-mechanical deaths caused by the operator.

Except, people would think thats crazy.

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about, lets get to the folks who have the money...anybody. And don't forget the hospital where the kid was born, they surely had a hand in his ability to kill all those people. Also, the signers of the constitution and the Bill of Rights. Without the Constitutional right to have and bare arms, none of this would be possible.:dunno::dunno:

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Here's the text of the lawsuit if anyone wants to read it. If it wasn't about such a tragic case I'd be laughing over it. Although if you do a bit of googling some people argue that the families have a very, very small chance of success based on a legal doctrine called "negligent entrustment," which apparently comes up a lot in regards to vehicles, not firearms.

Newtown families file lawsuit against gunmaker - StamfordAdvocate

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Only if the lawyers are paid per hour by Bloomberg.

This suit is a train wreck.

I think you are saying this suit doesn't have a chance.

I hope you are right.

I am reminded of a much less famous story though that had an outcome blaming a manufacturer for someone misusing their product.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.skydiving/gUWHZtklrCU

Short story: A skydiving student died because of an instructor error. The manufacturer of the equipment ended up with the largest $$ payout in the lawsuit even though there was no suggestion whatsoever of equipment malfunction.

Tandem skydiving is legal if the instructor is certified by the manufacturer. At that time, "Strong Enterprises" was one of 2 tandem equipment manufacturers. To get certified to "teach" (which includes taking a student on a skydive under a shared parachute), you get certification from the manufacturer. The equipment is sold to only be used by licensed instructors. The skydiving facility had Strong equipment but let a skydiver "instruct" and take someone on a jump, who was not certified by Strong manufacturing. It was IMO the equivalent of suing you if someone else steals your car and gives the keys to an unlicensed driver.

Strong was declared 5% responsible and had to pay $650K. This was in the 90s, and this was a very small company so it's probably comparable to a gun manufacturer having to pay out millions.

I realize we have legislation specifically exempting gun manufacturers, but I don't know if anything really shields a person or a corporation from crazy lawsuits.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, supposedly, the only thing that will get them past the PLCAA is negligent entrustment. If that ends up working I think it would set a ridiculous precedent. So then the families of people murdered with hammers and base ball bats can sue hardware and sporting goods stores. Afterall, they're selling products to the public that the public obviously can't handle without using them as weapons of death.

Top Bottom