• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yelp, I like mine too. Although it is back at Ruger right now for "black specks" in the finish. Oh well, they'll get it fixed, I reckon. Fun while I had it though. Haha.

FranktheGDTank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive been considering them lately. I know you have to pay attention when putting the barrel back on. There is some screw adjustment that my buddy forgot about and was getting terrible accuracy. His fault though :dunno:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I honestly love the concept! I love my 10/22's...love to build them up, tinker with them.

He are the couple things that bother me on the take-down.

The stock, Im not a huge fan of that stock, I know people have modified other stocks to fit, Im just not that talented.

The barrel, for a take-down model, I had hoped that Ruger would have gone with a 16" threaded barrel!

Otherwise its a 10/22, one gun I truly love!

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I like my son's takedown but it's been a bit of a challenge trying to get it dialed in. I wonder if there is something wrong with ours. I've heard of that adjustment ring for the attachment but it fits nice and snug with no play in it.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    The 2 I bought seem fine so far the adjustment rjng really shouldnt need to be messed with until it has had A LOT of round run through it. The one thing I have been told to watch for is the 2 set screws on the locking lug mechanism. I was told to loc-tite them as they will loosen before the ring adjustment will. Its just one of those things though that you need tk do your research before buying a firearm and know the ins and outs. If there js a problem it likely is nkt the firearm unless you just haplened to get onw that is buggered up. I have not put optics on ours yet but will probably be doing so soon as I would like to take mine out squirrel hunting. I have heard they have awesome zero repeatability.

Top Bottom