• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Jclark and I went to the range to sight in our new 10/22s. we got em pretty much sighted in just need to work on a few things. both rifle preformed very well. I did find out that my rifle does not like remington bulk..though Jclark's rifle seemed to like them very well. mine would not feed them well nor would it fire or eject them well...and the groups where crappy at best. mine seemed to like aguila standard vel. ammo the best with CCI blazer being a close second.

top left was federal bulk,top right was remington bulk with 1 round only hitting the target the rest went off the board:dunno: bottom left was CCI and the bottom right was aguila standard vel. I have never seen a brand of ammo preform so poorly and be that inconsistant..remington ammo just doesnt preform in my rifle:noway: so I gave all mine to Jclark and he gave me his aguila ammo.
    DSCI0114.jpg

DSCI0112-1.jpg

Jclark's rifle shot very well.
    DSCI0115.jpg

DSCI0113.jpg

and here I am working on my standing unsupported position shooting at the 100+yrd gong {which I hit every shot:)::D}
    DSCI0116-2.jpg

we will work with the rifles a bit more when we both have more time to do so..today was just a quick outing to get the rifles on paper and to see how they functioned after we assembled them. we are both very pleased with our set ups and cant wait to see what they are capable of later when we have more time.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for the range report. The 10/22 is a great rifle. Accurate enough if you leave it stock, and can be a real tack driver that drains you bank account with all the things you can do to it. Nice heavy fluted barrel you have!!!

There was a time when I didn't mind going out and having a great time while freezing, but something about age sneaks up on you and you feel the cold you used to ignore! :D :D :D

Look forward to your further 10/22 adventures.

gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    question from a newby

I am shopping for a 10/22 -- looking for a Ruger, based on numerous recommendations and online articles.

Would you guys mind telling me why you picked the brands of your rifles, and about what you have spent? Finally, any recommended places / persons to buy from in the Indianapolis area?

Thanks!
    Gil

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I am shopping for a 10/22 -- looking for a Ruger, based on numerous recommendations and online articles.

Would you guys mind telling me why you picked the brands of your rifles, and about what you have spent? Finally, any recommended places / persons to buy from in the Indianapolis area?

Thanks!
    Gil
    I picked a 10/22 because the modifications are endless.
    My mods are:
    VQ target hammer
    Extended magazine release
    Buffer
    I built this rifle for Appleseed, but I will also use it for squirrel hunting.
    I will add a barrel and stock sometime in the future.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

Thanks!
    Gil

I decided on the 10/22 for the same reasons as Jclark..plus all of the favorable reviews I have read and heard about on them.
    you can get a stock 10/22 for around $200 or so. wally world sells em for that much.
    my rifle has alot of mods done to it and I have sank enough money it to it that it is almost embarrasing...but once I started modding it,I just couldnt stop..its very addicting:):
    my mods and cost are as follows.
    KIDD 2 stage match trigger with speed mag release $300
    KIDD scalloped bolt $110
    KIDD charging handle and spring $35
    KIDD bolt buffer $5
    KIDD scope base $30
    Weaver rings $15
    Tac-Sol 16.5" barrel $180
    Hogue OM stock $80
    Nikon pro-staff scope $170
    Talon sling mounts $10
    GI web sling $13

you can spend a little or you can go flat broke messing with these rifles..and in the end your pretty much going to get the same results:laugh:..just a little more consistancy with better parts.
    the best mods you can do to the 10/22 is a new trigger,or reworked trigger with a target hammer,auto bolt release and springs..can be done for arond $40. the factory trigger is 7-8lbs and it sucks! mine is set at 1lb now and breaks likes glass with no creep or play what so ever
    also an extended mag release is nice and a bolt buffer.
    I plan on doing another build in the near future and I'm going to see how cheap I can build it. all I plan on doing is reworking the trigger and having the factory barrel reworked to a tighter chamber. I think I can do the whole build for under $150 all I need is a reciever since I have all the left over parts from this build.

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    relic did you pick up your US GI sling locally? I just bought a 10/22 a couple of weeks ago, and wanted to add the sling and scope.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    relic did you pick up your US GI sling locally? I just bought a 10/22 a couple of weeks ago, and wanted to add the sling and scope.

No I purchased mine through midwayusa.com,but Rajos here on the west side has them..atleast they usually do. and they are fairly cheap.
    I modified mine a bit..I removed the quick clip thingy majig {fancy for I dont know what its called:dunno::):} it was noisey and I plan on hunting with this rifle.
    you'll also need to get some 1.5" sling mounts as the GI slings are a bit wider than most standard slings.
    have you got your scope yet? if not I suggest the Simmons 22mag scope..Jclark has one on his gun and its a great scope for the price! I think he gave around $30 for it!

gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    got one

Hey Guys

Thanks for responding so quickly to my questions. I got a new basic 10/22 from Badis today -- $209.

Looking for a Hogue stock now -- cheapest I see so far is $75 shipped from an Amazon storefront. Let the mods begin! Let me know if you know someone who'd want the wood stock that was OEM

Gil

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Hey Guys

Thanks for responding so quickly to my questions. I got a new basic 10/22 from Badis today -- $209.

Looking for a Hogue stock now -- cheapest I see so far is $75 shipped from an Amazon storefront. Let the mods begin! Let me know if you know someone who'd want the wood stock that was OEM

Gil
    Post some pics when you get it finished!

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    No I purchased mine through midwayusa.com,but Rajos here on the west side has them..atleast they usually do. and they are fairly cheap.
    I modified mine a bit..I removed the quick clip thingy majig {fancy for I dont know what its called:dunno::):} it was noisey and I plan on hunting with this rifle.
    you'll also need to get some 1.5" sling mounts as the GI slings are a bit wider than most standard slings.
    have you got your scope yet? if not I suggest the Simmons 22mag scope..Jclark has one on his gun and its a great scope for the price! I think he gave around $30 for it!

hot damn! I haven't picked up a scope yet, but that's a deal. I'll look for one of those. I'll try and swing by rajos tomorrow and look for sling. Thanks!

Top Bottom