• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunGunDin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Thinking about dropping coin and getting 10/22.
    Anyone have a t/d?
    love to hear what you think of the t/d vs regular

Thanks

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If its important for you to be able to put it in a bag or break it apart, get the TD, its just as reliable and solid as the original.
    If you won't be breaking it down and thats not important, just get the original. You will have more stock options immediately avail to you and can be more open with optics choices, too.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Take-down

I'd think a lot more of the take-down model if the barrel was drilled and tapped for the VQ cantilever scope base. If you turn that base around backwards and mount a pistol scope, you have a very nice "scout" set up. I think it would work perfectly on the take-down if the barrel contour was compatible. However, I don't see Ruger making a rifle with a competitor's accessories in mind. :rolleyes: Think how nice that gun would be with a carbon fiber barrel.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    The TD option seems like marketing fluff to me, its not like fitting the Ruger into a carry-on is going to be an issue anytime soon. There's pleny of good cheap rifle cases with slings and many more accessories to make the standard lighter and more accurate.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    The TD option seems like marketing fluff to me, its not like fitting the Ruger into a carry-on is going to be an issue anytime soon. There's pleny of good cheap rifle cases with slings and many more accessories to make the standard lighter and more accurate.

It seems like most places I go to lately have started stocking the Henry Survival Rifle (or AR-7), including Walmart, MC Sports, and BigR. Maybe Ruger's marketing dept. has noticed this trend toward colapsable, small profile rifles and they want some of that market share.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I bought 2 take downs one for the wife and one for myself. If is a great rifle just like the other 10/22s we own. Dont worry about stock options if you are handy at all you can make just about ANY after markey tacti-cool stock work by cutting it properly and inletting for the barrel release mechanism. I have seen a ton of them already done this way. The Henry and older ar-7 takedown survival rifles are nice but they lack 10/22 accuracy and are not meant to be used long term. Some of the other take downs you have to have an engineering degree to reassemble. I think Ruger is doing a good thing here by staying competitive in the market renweing interests in their products. The people who di ruger for this likely dont like ruger products and are just being debbie downers to show they dont like ruger. I dont like their semi auto pistols but I enjoy many of their other products. I would suggest finding someone ti let you coon finger theirs or go check em out at a gun shop and make up your mind for yourself. NOONE can reccomend a firearm 100% for someone else no matter what.
    And yes I do know there are probably misspelled words in my post I am using my phone to post this.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    It seems like most places I go to lately have started stocking the Henry Survival Rifle (or AR-7), including Walmart, MC Sports, and BigR. Maybe Ruger's marketing dept. has noticed this trend toward colapsable, small profile rifles and they want some of that market share.

More like they both copied Marlin as they had this type gun a long while back!

himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    10/22 is a great little plinker, right on the money to 125 yrds..for a TD i picked up a feather AT-22... a fun gun and breaks down to nothing,, its just a little finiky on ammo, works great on CCI mini mag.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    A couple of them

I have the Ruger version of the TD and my version of the TD. They both are very good guns and serve the purpose that they are intended for. The 10/22 platform is more reliable than the other brands of Takedown and you have the option of high cap mags.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I would do some looking around at your LGS for an used 10/22.

I found a metal trigger guard/blued standard bbl with a Tasco 3x9 used for $150 otd. Cant beat that for an 8 yr old boy. He was his own Ruger now and can hit 1" spinners at 50 yrds. The SN placed it about a 2004. The dealer said the original owner moved to town and didn't want it anymore.

sprint395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    I would only get the TD if you need the ability to fit it in small places. The regular 10/22 has a lot more upgrade options.

Top Bottom