• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    As an admirer of the M1 carbine, that sure looks like the solution to the high price of quality 30carbine ammo! Good luck with the Appleseed shoot. :yesway:

Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    That is awesome! I've wanted to buy a Ruger 10/22 for a while now, and thanks to this post I think I'll get one this summer :D. I'll also do the same build since I love WWII era weapons. One question, what 10/22 model is that? Was it the carbine or the compact or....? Anyway thanks for the post got me all excited now :rockwoot:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Just to make sure that I read everything correctly, this conversion cost roughly $200 plus the price of the 10/22? Also, this was a drop in kit, correct? As in no extensive modifications were needed to do this install? I really want one now... :spend:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That is awesome! I've wanted to buy a Ruger 10/22 for a while now, and thanks to this post I think I'll get one this summer :D. I'll also do the same build since I love WWII era weapons. One question, what 10/22 model is that? Was it the carbine or the compact or....? Anyway thanks for the post got me all excited now :rockwoot:

This was one of the older versions so I'm guessing just the regular carbine model.

Just to make sure that I read everything correctly, this conversion cost roughly $200 plus the price of the 10/22? Also, this was a drop in kit, correct? As in no extensive modifications were needed to do this install? I really want one now... :spend:
    Right, absolutely no modifications at all. Basically just swap the stock, screw on the rear sight and put on the new front site. You'll have to drive out the original front sight with a brass punch. That's it though.
    Very nice. When you have time, can you tell us how the magazines work out for you?
    :scratch:

The magazines are the standard 10 round rotary ruger mags. The mag extension isn't functional at all, just for looks.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Does your handguard have the cutout in the top for the 10/22 rear sight? That's one thing that's kind of holding me back right now. Where does the sling attach in the front? Barrel band or side of stock? Thanks.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Does your handguard have the cutout in the top for the 10/22 rear sight? That's one thing that's kind of holding me back right now. Where does the sling attach in the front? Barrel band or side of stock? Thanks.

YES! There is a cut-out for the rear sight. Sling attaches to the new barrel band on the side of the stock and then the back uses the same style oiler attachment as the real M1 Carbine.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide where to buy mine from. I'm talking the 1022stocks@gmail guy right now. He said he has the handguard w/out the cutout but they have to be bought separately. Any reason in particular that you went with eabco?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide where to buy mine from. I'm talking the 1022stocks@gmail guy right now. He said he has the handguard w/out the cutout but they have to be bought separately. Any reason in particular that you went with eabco?

I was ordering a bunch of stuff and they had everything I needed. So I saved by paying shipping once. I also wanted the M1 Carbine replica sights. But it was also the first place I found that had them all in stock. I didn't search more than a few days.

Top Bottom