• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've been wanting to do an appleseed for a while using iron sights but all my 22s have scopes. So I decided to build one. I'm also kind of a WW II buff so when I saw one come up for sale I decided to build one into an M1 Carbine clone.

First, the 10/22 I started with:
    7252414876_4c6e10e500_b.jpg

Here is the rifle with all the goodies that I'm about to put on it:
    7252409950_c7ff2731ee_b.jpg

Step one was to remove the front sight (already done) and take the barrel and action out of the stock. This is easy on a 10/22 if you've never played with one. Simply remove the barrel band and remove one screw from the bottom of the stock just in front of the mag well. This leaves you with the barreled action. At this point I've also installed the Tactical Solutions extended mag release which requires the stock to be removed anyway.
    7252411732_a2600c10d5_b.jpg

Next task was to install the new stock. This is about as easy as removing the old stock. First step was to put the barreled action into the new stock and tighten down the screw that holds it in place. And with this stock kit you then put the top hand guard on and install the barrel band. After that was on I tightened down the screw at the opposite end by the action to secure the top hand guard
    7252402420_50c4bf8d32_b.jpg

Only thing left to install is the sling. The replica sling comes with a replica oiler which is what was used to hold the sling in the buttstock. It was a little difficult to get it to snap in, but eventually it went in.
    7252409018_91eff3f7bc_b.jpg

Here is a close up of the little replica oiler. It unscrews just like the real thing and everything.
    7252407064_6a86809062_b.jpg

All of these parts were ordered from E. Arthur Brown Company (eabco.com). They also sell on there a mag extension that makes it look like the original M1 Carbine mag. I ordered one to try it to see how it looked and I might have to order a few more. I think it looks pretty good.
    7252399868_4ce6db0fb5_b.jpg

The sights on the gun are also M1 Carbine Replica sights. They install pretty easily as well. I installed everything in about 20 minutes from start to finish. Hopefully I'll be taking this to an Appleseed soon to go for a rifleman patch :ar15:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OneBadV8 built another beauty.:D Your goin to get a lot of compliments on that one, know doubt. Cant wait to hear how she shoots.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    What? No VQ goodies to clean up the trigger?

I already have a 10/22 like that. It has all the Power Custom insides with a Kidd barrel, bla bla bla.

I wanted this one to look really nice and be mostly stock. Costs a lot less that way :D

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's really awesome looking. If I ever get a .22 I will have to consider a mod like that. How expensive were the parts though if you don't mind my asking?

LRHostetler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Can't wait to gull the trigger.ll

I need to make it down your direction one of these days, I've got some ish to pickup, and I wanna shoot your new TOY!:):rockwoot::yesway::patriot:-Luke

Top Bottom