• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    I was wondering who all has read/heard about this. This actually happened in my neck of the woods: Apparently, in a relateively nearby apartment complex, there was a report of shots fired. A car chase insued and the suspects crashed, and took off on foot. There apparently were two suspects who were armed. The crashed car had bullet holes.

Basically, IPD set up a parimeter of a little over 1 sq mile, and my apartment just happens to be inside. I am pretty new to gun ownership/carrying(only had my 1911 about 6 weeks, and my carry permit about 2). Anyway long story short, it was the first time I honestly felt safer knowing I had a weapon and that I could reliably opperate it.

Was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this. Am I a little too paranoid if the first thing I did when I found out was get my AR-15 out and drop a mag in?

rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    annoying thing was I just got back from the range(dons, I know not the best but its close and easy), and wanted to clean my 1911(which happened to jam twice, but i think its because either I fired it too fast or broke with my wrist too much)

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    annoying thing was I just got back from the range(dons, I know not the best but its close and easy), and wanted to clean my 1911(which happened to jam twice, but i think its because either I fired it too fast or broke with my wrist too much)

1) You were in more danger going to Don's to use their range than you were when those 2 guys were running around.
    2) If you think it was your wrist, it was your wrist. You just need to keep up the practice(at a much safer range). You can also give us some more info about your 1911 and I know the members here would love to help diagnose if it could be something else.

:welcome:

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    IIRC it'a a Taurus 1911 right? Please describe the malfunctions?
    Noting paranoid about being prepared to defend your dwelling.

Professor Thump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Indy
    You did the right thing by loading your mag. Times are changing quickly and Indy is no exception. Keep you guns close and loaded safely. But don't forget to practice...ah in a safe shooting range.

rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    its a taurus blued 1911 AR. The AR is not loaded anymore. Once I went to bed I unloaded it and put it up(but kept the 1911 in condition 1 in reach).

The thing about the jamming is that IIRC both times it happened on the last shot. its like it didnt fully eject the cartridge.

btw am I the only one who knew about that incident when it happened?

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Thinking people take precautions as needed

its a taurus blued 1911 AR. The AR is not loaded anymore. Once I went to bed I unloaded it and put it up(but kept the 1911 in condition 1 in reach).

The thing about the jamming is that IIRC both times it happened on the last shot. its like it didnt fully eject the cartridge.

btw am I the only one who knew about that incident when it happened?

I found out at the 10o'clock news,out of my area, but noted. (Honey, who's knocking on the door at 11pm? Just open the door, it's probably the neighbors)Having a loaded gun nearby, with safety in mind is prudent, not paranoid.:patriot: It's no different than getting ready to go to the basement in a tornado warning.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are those apartments called 'something' Lake? I know there are a few complexes in that area.
    But the one that is behind the Kroger and has the wooden bridge over the retention pond is the one I'm thinking of. If so that's where my girlfriend used to live before we moved in together.
    It's not a very bad area. But I guess crazy stuff is happening everywhere.

Shep79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Bainbridge
    I would be a worried for you if you were not a little paranoid. We are prepared, able and willing to protect but I would venture to say the vast majority of us would rather not have to ever actually do so.

Top Bottom