• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was a customer of Old National for probably 25 years, until about 1.5 years ago for similar crap. Moved to a credit union for employees where I work (and a couple of other companies in town), and found out I should have made that move YEARS ago.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wait, you lose access to existing funds when you try to give them MORE money? Hrm.... Seems punitive and if it's just their policy I would kick them to the curb
    That's what I thought, WTF? That's messed up and that bank needs to get the boot.

I was a customer of Old National for probably 25 years, until about 1.5 years ago for similar crap. Moved to a credit union for employees where I work (and a couple of other companies in town), and found out I should have made that move YEARS ago.
    And yet, after all the stories like yours, some people still refuse to change until they've already been screwed.

I was one that changed without being screwed. I used to bank at a small-town bank. Never had to show ID because the tellers always knew me. Then I moved and lost access to the small-town bank so I went with a credit union. Let me tell you, for as large as my credit union is (multiple locations all across southern IN) I still get that small-town service and feel from them. Their policies are very similar to that of my small-town bank and I really love it.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Not only did they hold the funds, I just checked and they put it into the wrong account...................

My Deposit slip says 1, but they put it into checking account 2

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Can you afford a ONE-% bite out of every transaction??

Yes. That is Øbama's new idea, but it doesn't mean it's a tax rise for anyone earning less thn $250,000. Better write congress!!

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    my credit union has put a hold on larger checks for 3 days before, after teh first day they usually let you have $100 or so of it. several years ago I deposited a rather large check & was able to immediately withdraw a significantly less amount but still quite large without waiting. Banks, I hate them.

Top Bottom